Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If you have frogfruit in your landscape

Posted by marti8a DFW (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 14 at 2:05

how do you keep it from invading other areas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If you have frogfruit in your landscape

I'm not really sure what that is, but in our grassy areas, if it isn't grass I just pull it up. I should say, areas around the house, since we have 3 acres, and I don't care about weeds out there. But I like to have cool grass up near the house, and being in a rural area we always have an infestation of various weeds in spring. You could spread corn gluten meal if they spread by seed, it's a germination retardant. if it spreads by rhizomes you'd have to dig it.

o

Heavy shade, concrete barrier, and rabbits. We've been trying to get some established in a shaded bed for three years. We get a burst of growth, little rabbits trim it to nubs, then it sulks for another year.... the concrete barrier on the property line will never be a factor as long as the bunnies can find a way into the side yard. Seriously, this stuff does not like to be trimmed; so maybe a well timed haircut would enable you enjoy the flowers while helping keep it in check.

o

I've had it at the back of our acre for several years and thought today that I would like to replace the Asian jasmine with it, IF I can keep it from being an invasive nuisance. I also mow it back there and it hasn't seemed to mind.

o

I just let it grow and pull it out where I do not want it. I am not worried about invasion. It seems to want to grow in my caliche road. I guess the cars will squish it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here