Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alwayzbgrateful

roses that dont lose their stripes??

Alwayzbgrateful
10 years ago

Hey yall, in a nut shell, I'm trying my hardest to make rose garden for my grandma. She's in her 90s now and her health is declining. She LOVES striped roses and had a huge garden full, back in corpus. Then she moved to Cali then back to Tx (waco now) with all the moving around she lost all her roses. The last few died a couple yrs ago when we had a crazy winter and it snowed. Anyhoo, I posted on the rose forum and some suggested I try Texas forum. So here I am;-) since grandma cant remember any names of roses she used to grow, I'm hoping someone here is growing striped roses successfully. Names of striped roses, that dont lose their stripes with our crazy weather would be greatly appreciated! Perhaps someone grows some that are fragrant, and readily available? And of course where u were able to find those roses. Sorry for the long post! Thank you in advance, to anyone who might be able to help !
Happy Gardening!!!,
-Lyna

P.S
I do have a Raspberry cream twirl, just got it, does anyone else have this rose? Pros cons? Thanx again!

Comment (1)