Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite white rose?

Posted by junglejenny 8 TX (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 2, 10 at 11:21

I'm looking for a medium-sized, remontant (blooming more than once in a season) white rose bush--any suggestions? Preferably with larger, rather than smaller blooms, and on the creamy white (rather than pink white) color scale.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
J

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite white rose?

My favorite white roses are Sombreuil and Ducher old roses
but good roses.
Art

o

There was a similar question a few months ago. It might provide some ideas. It seems Ducher was most often mentioned, but several other classes of roses were suggested also. Hope this helps. I'm sure some others will contribute names of their favorite white rose also.

This is a good time of the year to ask. With the flush of blooms we get in the spring it's easy to forget how they might not fare so well during the hot summer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Good white roses for Texas?

o

Gosh, I was all prepared to order Kronpricessin Viktoria, but now I'm wondering if I should get Ducher instead.

Laurie

o

• Posted by bobbi_p z8/9 Cypress, TX (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 5, 10 at 13:01

Just a follow up on my Ducher. I'm still impressed with the way it remained completely evergreen through our tough winter this year. It's spring flush WAS AMAZING. But... it's still just been sporadic all summer. Now, that said, I don't fertilize. Maybe someone else can speak to that.

But I'm keeping it because it's an attractive, dark green, disease free, full shrub even when not in bloom. I'm going to give mine a good shaping this week and get ready for a fall flush!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here