Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oh my goodness, it's raining!

Posted by texaskelley 9a (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 25, 11 at 11:48

Last night the TV started doing that emergency notice thing, and it said we had dangerous thunderstorms in the area. To which we said "yeah, right." And we were right, of course. There was some pretty spectacular lightning, but only about ten minutes of depressingly light rain; not even enough to stain the concrete. I moved down here at the beginning of July and this was the first rain we've had at all (besides a few drops). Such a bummer.

So imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning to a steady, decent rain! And three hours later...IT'S STILL RAINING!

I can only hope that there are others out there as lucky. And thanks to those doing the nekkid turtle dance; it's working!

~AOK

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oh my goodness, it's raining!

We had a brief thunderstorm this morning in north Dallas -- not much moisture but welcome and it'll bring out the rain lilies.

o

Yeah, I heard your thunder, random harvest, but no rain for me in Copper Canyon.

o

We got blooming Cenzio! And that's it! :(

o

It's raining here in north San Antonio too, oddly no rain was forecast for at least ten days. I'll take it!

o

So far we've had no more than a slight drizzle in NW San Antonio, but it's cooling things off nicely this afternoon.

o

Hey, I am grateful for cloud cover these days.

o

My husband drove home in the rain, he said it stopped just one block from our house. Our street is still dry. Shirley, the morning weatherman on channel 5 said we would have a 20% chance of scattered showers this evening, I had my doubts. Barbra

o

August 25:official rainfall at the Aransas County Airport (about 1 mile down the road from me) was .39"! Wonderful! Everything smelled so clean after the rains yesterday! So Barbra you got rain!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here