Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
purple sage

Posted by plantmaven 8b/9a TX (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 1, 11 at 14:29

They are blooming all over town, even on vacant lots. Mine is not. I think it may get too much water.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: purple sage

They are all blooming beautifully right now, it's a real treat since so little is blooming. Mine are blooming too, they typically bloom about 10 days after rain that lasts for at least an hour so they have bloomed twice this summer. Mine don't get much extra water so I checked the neighbor's sage which gets water from the sprinkler and theirs are blooming great too.

o

Thanks.....I guess. hahaha

o

Checked this morning, ours are not blooming up here. It must have something to do with a change in pressure from
Don?

My one tricky tire is low again but the sages are not blooming. :(

o

Mine isn't blooming right now either.

o

Today there are about 10 blooms on it. Late bloomer....like me.

The ones I have seen are so pretty. There are some that have been poodle trimmed. That looks so terrible.

o

Good to hear it is blooming now, mine always blooms a few days later than the ones across the street. Theirs are southwest facing and mine is more northeast. Maybe that's why yours is slower.

The poodle trim ones don't bloom as nice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here