Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If stuff is wilting in pots check for ants ...

Posted by roselee z8 SW Texas (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 24, 11 at 19:26

I've had two pots invaded by ants very recently. I noticed things were wilting faster than usual after watering and upon close inspecting while digging around the surface of the pot I see ants crawling around like crazy. Application of Amdro and not watering for 24 hrs to give them a chance to ingest it took care of the problem

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If stuff is wilting in pots check for ants ...

With the added bennie of not getting bit to heck while moving pot,going near pot, thinking about pot or checking for moisture in said pot.

o
RE: If stuff is wilting in pots check for ants ...

Right on -- LOL. I pulled a malabar seedling from a pot with the intent of taking it inside to eat and my hand was immediately covered with some very angry ants!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here