Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lucas_tx_gw

The side walk is in, ready for the next stage

lucas_tx_gw
11 years ago

Well I know everyone wanted curves but 'everyone' is not married to the DH who absolutely hates 'sidewalks that curve for no reason.' :-) Marriage is in large part the art of compromise. I do think the stamped concrete is nice.

Also had some great suggestions about bridges, sidewalk crossing the creek, not having the berm, etc. on the other thread, but this area really does take a lot of water at certain times of year. The berm is to prevent the water from the front yard from getting on top of the septic tanks and/or getting in the creek which has all it can handle taking the run off coming in from the left side which comes down the hill from all the neighbors.

Anything like the sidewalk crossing the creek, a bridge etc. will take for real engineering which at this point in time, we aren't willing to fund. Funding the stamped concrete to replace the walk was enough for now ;-)

The creek ends where it ends because that is where the drain under the driveway is. So we'll plant the area between the drain and the driveway and the creek will just have to 'disappear under ground'

So since the walk is finally finished, we plan to spend this weekend getting the dirt all straightened out and getting ready to plant. I'll be excited to finally see it looking a little better!

Thanks

Teri

Comments (4)

• Lynn Marie
    11 years ago

Absolutely love the stamped concrete! Was it very expensive? It sure looks expensive! (Sorry, didn't mean to pry; just may want to do it someday... soon.)

• lucas_tx_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks!

You're not prying. In general it's around $7.50/sq ft but if you have to have something removed to put it there then demo and removal is around $2.50 sq ft, unless you are brave enough to try to do that yourself.

He also does a flagstone pattern but I didn't want to put fake rock next to real rock and I had always liked this tile pattern and he did it for my next door neighbor a few months ago and I really like the way it turned out.

This guy had done some driveway repair for us last summer, all our concrete really suffered last summer. We have a sidewalk in the back as well that goes from the driveway to the back door and it's wrecked as well, but one thing at a time!

If you want to see more pics of the stamped concrete his website is romanconcrete dot net

Teri

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

Love the sidewalk! My dh is that way too.

• beachplant
    11 years ago

A friend of mine did all the floors in her house in concrete. They are very impressive, you would never guess it was concrete. Her kitchen looks just like a Spanish villa!
    Love that sidewalk.
    Tally HO!