Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How much rain did you get?

Posted by cynthianovak 7/8 TX (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 14, 09 at 0:05

We got out first splash of this rain Thursday after work. My little gauge with me emptying it each day total was 9.3 inches. It seems to have stopped now...Sunday evening.

What did y'all get? Folks in Austing and S.A. did you get enough to ease the drought?

c

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How much rain did you get?

I am west of Austin, north of Drippiong Springs. We got 4.25 " spread out over 4 days. None of the 8" or 12 " daily totals seen in Wimberly and north of Georgetown.I should put some water back in the Pedernales river.

o

We got around 8 inches. The rain gauge was full to the top, and we got another two inches after it was emptied. This was after almost two months of nothing. It would rain all around us, but we got nothing for the longest time. All I can say is Ahhhh what a change!

o

Don't know the exact amount, Cynthia, but enough to fill my large pond .....woohoo !!

o

I'm in the DFW midcities area. We got 7.25" as of last night. It's still raining I haven't checked the gauge today yet.

o

Hi Cynthia,
Up in far NW Austin we did the dump & add thing on our rain gauge, too - added up to just over 6 inches between Friday morning & Sunday afternoon.

As to the drought, Lake Travis is up about a foot, but it sounds like not much fell in the watershed area that fills Lake Buchanan at the top of the chain of Highland Lakes. That reservoir is still only 40% full, I guess. Here's the Lower Colorado River Authority report.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Here is a link that might be useful: LCRA Daily River Report

o

This area of N. W. San Antonio got almost six inches of gentle soaking happy rain over the last three days -- which is a rare treat for us.

o

10-12 inches in my area. Rain Gauge filled up twice. Appears to be at 3 inches mark now.

o

omg! - i didn't even think about needing to empty my guage until i read this - sure enough (sho'nuf?), it was full at 5.5 inches

who knows what we've really collected - still lightly raining off and on monday afternoon

~ freshair

o

Click on the link for rainfall amount...

Here is a link that might be useful: Rainfall amount..

o

Not sure. Tv said around 12", but dh emptied the gauge 3 times, once at 4.5, and twice it was over the 5.5 mark.

o

At least 10" on my end of Galveston island.
Tally HO!

o

About 10 inches here on the north side of Canyon Lake. Hasn't brought up the lake much but if this coming weeks cold front materializes with some rain it should start the refilling process now that the subsoil is finally wet!!!

o

Around 6.5 inches here in Corpus Christi bringing the years total for me to 10.5 . Still around 13-14 inches shy or normal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here