Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honeybunny2_gw

OT: Need prayers for Albert!

honeybunny2 Fox
11 years ago

Betty just called me from the intensive care unit in Corpus Christi. Albert is in critical condition, they do not expect him to make it. She asked me to please let his friends know. I am so upset, and am trying to type, its so hard. Please pray for him, he is such a wonderful person. Barbra

Comments (23)

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Alberts user name is PrinceAlbert. Sorry I forgot to include with my message. Barbra

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Yes, he is a wonderful person and he and Betty are a wonderful couple. Prayers are happening! Blessings, blessings, blessings!

• plantmaven
    11 years ago

You've got them!

I am so sorry.

• cynthianovak
    11 years ago

My heart and prayers are going out.... hugs
    c

• carrie751
    11 years ago

Prayers being offered up as I type...........I am so, so sorry to hear this.

• ogrose_tx
    11 years ago

I too, am so sorry to hear this - most definitely keep him in my prayers.

• linda_tx8
    11 years ago

Oh no! What happened? Will pray for him! Almost a decade ago they told me the same kind of thing about DH's chances of surviving and he made it. Hopefully Albert will pull through also!

• PKponder TX Z7B
    11 years ago

Prayers here for Albert also.

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

I am so sorry. Prayers are being said.

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    11 years ago

Prayers from east Texas for PA...

• ltcollins1949
    11 years ago

I just received a phone call from Barbra a/k/a honeybunny2, and she asked me to let everyone know that she received a call from Betty and that PrinceAlbert passed away. All I know is that his body closed down on him, i.e. something to do with his pancreas. Barbra doesn't have assess to a computer righ now, so I'm posting to let everyone know. I'm sure that after she gets back home in the next day or two, that she will have more information for you all!

• rock_oak_deer
    11 years ago

This is so sad, he will be missed by all of us who had the pleasure of meeting him. Just today as I worked in the garden I was fondly remembering some of the plants he gave me at our swaps.

• plantmaven
    11 years ago

I will miss him. I, too, was thinking of him as I saw plants that came from him and Betty.

Save me a spot in the garden, Albert.

• carrie751
    11 years ago

I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but he and I shared many emails about brugmansias. He so loved those plants. He will be missed as he was such a kind and helpful person.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Carrie, Kathy and I put pictures of Albert and Betty on the other thread.

• carrie751
    11 years ago

Thanks, Roselee, I saw them and his face shows what a kind person he was. I just thought last night about what a great ole time we will have one day meeting all those that touched our lives without ever having met them.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Agreeing totally Carrie. Whether we meet in person or not we touch the lives of every encounter we experience and vice versa. I try to remember this beautiful quote: "When you meet anyone, remember it is a holy encounter. As you see him you will see yourself. As you treat him you will treat yourself. As you think of him you will think of yourself. Never forget this."

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I just got back home. Thank you Linda, for posting about Albert. Albert was not sick, this happened suddenly. I spoke to him last Saturday, he was telling me about his new deck and the flowerbeds they were putting in. I told him I had stopped by his house but they were not there. I saw what Betty and him had done, his yard was beautiful. He offered to lend me his trailer so I could bring big plumeira plants home from Corpus for a couple of guys on the plumeira forum. but I did not have a hitch on my vehicle. He said he would offer to drive, but his daughter had taken his truck to Belton. He was always thinking of others. He told me he loved to read the fourm, but since he moved down to the coast, was so busy, he did not have time to post. We were talking about the Oct plant swap, he said they had so much fun last year when they came. Barbra

• plantmaven
    11 years ago

In a conversation with Barbra, she mentioned that a rat snake bit Albert before she got there last Saturday.

When Diane recently had her dog at the vet she was told that non-venomous snakes can cause a severe infection.

Wonder if there is a connection?

Other less common causes include:

�Some medications such as methyldopa, NSAIDs, tetracyclines and corticosteroids

�Peptic ulcer disease

�Trauma to the abdomen or back

�Viral infections such as mumps, hepatitis, rubella.

�Scorpion or snake bites

• melvalena
    11 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear about Albert's sudden passing.
    I know he truly loved gardening and playing with plants.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I just spoke with Betty, they just arrived in Belton, and she told me to post that the funeral will be at 1:00 PM on Thursday at Dossman Funeral Home in Belton. She will be staying with her daughter, and will not be going back to the coast anytime soon. She told me that Alberts dream was moving to the coast, she is so glad they moved down, so he could fulfill his dream. She said he just loved living down there. Barbra

• wally_1936
    11 years ago

It is a sad day when we lose another wonderful gardener we need more those who care for the soil. There could come a time in the near future that they will be needed all over the world. Our love goes out to his family, they need to know how much we will miss him as a very special person in our lives. Those of us who are still here do miss those who are gone the spirit they bring with them gives strength to us and we dearly miss them. He is at peace now, but it will take time for us we just need to remember the gifts he has left with his kindness to all those will stay with many of us forever. Thank you for being here to share with us as long as he was able.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Wally, that's a beautiful tribute. Amen and thank you!