Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Zuni Crape Myrtle (full grown) - got pics?

Posted by texasgardener z8 Buda (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 10, 10 at 13:34

Hi! Does anyone have any pics of their full grown Zuni Crape Myrtle. Most websites don't show fully grown Zuni's....just pics of perfect blooms, etc. I would appreciate some pics from real people. :-) I bought one and planted it just days before all the flooding. We were lucky...didn't have flooding, just tons of rain. My Zuni is about 5 ft right now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Zuni Crape Myrtle (full grown) - got pics?

Here's all the pics you can handle:

http://www.google.com/images?q=Zuni+Crape+Myrtle&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&oe=&rlz=1I7ADSA_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=em-KTM6wHcGclgexn5jACQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=6&ved=0CEMQsAQwBQ&biw=1345&bih=624

o

Thanks, clairtx. Actually, I've been to that site already. Like I said, most websites don't really show anything of value other than picture perfect blooms. I was hoping for pics from real people. But, I do appreciate your info. :-)

o

Did you ever find any photos of the Zuni as an established tree, texasgardener? I've been growing a small plant in a pot for awhile and it should get into the ground this fall and I've been wondering what they look like in the Texas landscape. It's grown okay, but not made a single flower, also have to hope the label is right and it's actually a Zuni.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

o

• Posted by pkvir z7b DFW TX (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 19, 10 at 20:06

I planted one in my old neighborhood about 8 years ago, I will snap a picture of it tomorrow and post.

o

Are you still interested in seeing some pics of "Zuni"? I've got a couple I planted several year ago. Want to see those pics? I picked Zuni because the color of the bloom matched my Texas Sage.

Xtal
Temple

o

link

Here is a link that might be useful: zuni

o

Yes, please, xtal - so many of the google images seem to be closeups from commercial sites and many of the landscape pictures are from Southeastern gardeners like Helen Yoest & Steve Bender. They're are wonderful gardeners & garden writers but they're in states very different from Central Texas.

It would be especially helpful if you can show the bark & what the branching looks like. Right now the few leaves on my little Zuni are displaying some autumn color - that's a definite plus for November, even though there hasn't been a single blossom!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here