Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
merrybookwyrm

fall-winter weather guestimate... grr

merrybookwyrm
11 years ago

Am I reading correctly, that with the jet stream expected to blow to the north of Texas due to the extra warm water in the Pacific off Japan, Texas and Oklahoma will probably be warmer than normal this fall and early winter? And probably -drier- than normal this fall and early winter? It looks like the potential El Nino is fizzling out, or will only be weak, which leads to drier winters here?

Sigh. Maybe a garden of fall and winter greens will last a long time this year.

Comments (3)

• linda_tx8
    11 years ago

Those weather people really only seem to guess as far as long range trends. There's some that say El Nino has begun, others say it won't start until winter. Others use the CYA principle. You know, cover all the possibilities, so you'll get credit no matter which way it goes. But we got a really good rain, so for now...I'm happy!

• lou_spicewood_tx
    11 years ago

It looks to be short lived El Nino mainly due to cold PDO. We won't see much of El Nino for quite a while. We will probably see something similar to 1950s.

FYI - El Nino typically brings cooler and wetter weather to Texas. La Nina is the opposite.

• lou_spicewood_tx
    11 years ago

I need to clarify some things. I meant to say that el nino typically brings cooler and wetter weather to Texas during fall,winter and spring. I've seen awesome growth during el nino season compared to la nina most of time.