Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (22)

• ogrose_tx
    10 years ago

Yes, Yes, Yes!!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

We had an inch yesterday ... :-) Looks like we'll get more the next couple of days ... yea!

• lou_spicewood_tx
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My wife isn't too happy because of high school football game that she has to go to. Poor wife. :-(

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

I guess that you are not going to support your child in the game. Are you pulling the washing of the uniform duty?

We have 2" and counting in our gage up hill from you Lou. It looks like they grow stronger as they move over you. The solid mass of storm is still to the west.

This should have some positive effect on the lakes on the Colorado river. A lot of this is upstream from the damns. The Pedernales is getting a lot also. I have my fingers crossed. We really need this. Its flooding in Dryden area. The cactus are getting drenched.

• carrie751
    10 years ago

Still waiting for the heavier rains here..............need them to fill up my pond.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

We just had another inch in a half hour. And it is raining on the other side of the hill. so I suspect we will be hit again. The totals west of here must be impressive because we are still in the spotty rainstorm belt. It might even stop for awhile before the big mass moves in.

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    10 years ago

Five and a half inches here in east Texas when I emptied my rain gauge about an hour ago... YIPPEE!!!

• lou_spicewood_tx
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I don't know about washing Drill Team uniforms... Lol

It has been raining nonstop for quite a while. I have rain gauge but it is on the fence in the back so I'll have to wait for the rain to stop to check it out.

We need bigger storm to park over Pendernales watershed to provide as much water run off into Lake Travis. It did seem to get stronger and bigger lately.

• gmatx zone 6
    10 years ago

Glad so many of you are getting good amounts of rain. So far this week we have had 2-2/10" rain. This is the first rain we have received since mid-August when we had 2" over a week's time.

Lake Meredith has shown "0" water amount contained for at least a couple of years in the state water reservoir reports. Last night the weather report on a local channel showed the level of water in LM as "rising"......wow. I remember back in 1997 (the last time we took the boat to LM) that we still had over 80' of water there.

Hope and pray we all continue to get good rains and that Texas lands recover from the droughts we have all experienced over the last 2 plus years.

Everyone have a great day.

• lou_spicewood_tx
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My rain gauge shows about 4.25 inches of rainfall. Wow.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

No more rain here YET, but Bob said it was raining so hard up around New Braunfels mid morning that it was hard to see to drive.

Congratulations on the rain received as reported above!

Minutes later: I spoke too soon. It's now raining nicely :-)

This post was edited by roselee on Fri, Sep 20, 13 at 14:47

• carrie751
    10 years ago

Still waiting...........................

• cynthianovak
    10 years ago

We made it to 2 inches. Looks like that will be all we get in Arlington. c

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

Rain started here Thursday evening and continued until Friday afternoon, a few heavy showers but mostly just a gentle steady rain. I have no rain gauge but the yard looks quenched. I am so thankful!

• linda_tx8
    10 years ago

We received 1 3/4" yesterday. Would be nice to see some more, but the forecast doesn't show any chances left! Still need to see water in the creek.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

We ended up with about 4 ". No flooding of the Pedernales rivers. There should have been. The dry hills just sucked it up. Lake travis is up a foot in 3 days. 61' more to go. Depressing and worrisome to realize how much of a flood we need to correct this trend. Lake Buchannon is up an inch. They expect a little more but not anywhere nears enough to change anything except it will be a few days before people water their yards around here.

• carrie751
    10 years ago

I did NOT get the downpour I was hoping for, but I am so grateful for what I did get.................made the brown spots in my grass green up even though it put little water in my pond.

• lou_spicewood_tx
    Original Author
    10 years ago

5 inches for me. Unfortunately, the entire Lake Travis watershed did not get that kind of amount of rainfall.

I went to LCRA and saw rather low flow on Pendernales. Unfortunate.

• briaustex
    10 years ago

Received 3" of rain in NW Austin. I was sad to see the majority of the front move east, but 3" is nice to get. I have a creek bed at the edge of my property and it wasn't as swollen as I would have expected considering how heavy the rain fell at times.

There is a 30-40% chance of rain again next weekend for us, so here's to more rain! If we don't get a bunch soon, Austin will likely go into stage 3 water restrictions. I believe if Lake Travis drops below 615 feet (we're at 619.5 now), that triggers stage 3.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

WOW!!! Blue sky and 72F and it is in the AFTERNOON am I hallucinating. It is not Late October yet. 20,000 gallons of rainwater in my tanks. All is good.

• lou_spicewood_tx
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It sure is a gorgeous day! Sadly, hundreds of sunflowers seeds that birds kicked off bird feeder (looking for something else?) have germinated on the ground. :-(

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

Have patience, The deer should be around in This evening to chomp on them.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler