Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chaste Tree

Posted by Dee309 Dallas-Fort Worth (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 1, 14 at 17:55

What will kill this pest? Our neighbor's chaste tree hangs over the back fence and seeds our backyard so we are constantly cutting down sizeable stalks as they grow so quickly.

We don't want to kill his tree but we do want to discourage the larger "saplings" in our yard from getting any bigger. Is there any way to kill them or do we need to just dig them up?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chaste Tree

Well I would imagine that your laws allow you to cut off any foliage that is in your yard i.e. the over hanging branches. If you wanna dig them up then I'd wait until they went dormant.

o
RE: Chaste Tree

Sometimes you can pull up little trees after a rain, but when I have a seedling tree that I can't pull out, in my case it's likely to be hackberry with roots that go deeply very fast, I cut it off near the ground and put a drop of full strength broad leaf weed killer on the stump. That kills it. Be careful when applying it; don't breath it and don't get it on your skin.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here