Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need suggestions: orange vine or climbing rose

Posted by burntplants 8/9 TX (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 22, 11 at 19:52

I'm West of Houston.
I want an orange blooming vine to grow on a post in full sun that will survive the heat, the hurricanes, and the droughts.
The other post has a red Don Juan climbing rose on it, and it's looking fabulous.
Yes, I really do want ORANGE.

Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need suggestions: orange vine or climbing rose

Mexican flame vine has bright orange flowers and has beautiful foliage as well. It generally freezes down in the winter and sprouts back when the weather warms up. You may want to consider Westerland, a beautiful orange climbing rose. I have both plants and find them healthy and low-maintenance.
Molly

o

Can't kill Crossvine. It comes in a bunch of different oranges.

o

Crossvine is orange too and is quite tough. Mine is tired looking and I have not watered it at all this summer but it is alive and I am ontop of a hill and there is no water retention in my soil. I think it will do well wher you are.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here