Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help: Emerald Zoysia brown spots

Posted by HoustonClayton TX (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 20:55

Any idea what is causing these brown spots?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help: Emerald Zoysia brown spots

Not familiar with Zoysia, but know it suffers from a few fungi as does St. Augustine. We're moving into the active time of the year for some types when damage really starts to show. The irregular shape fits, but the healthy green islands don't and few, if any, blades appear chlorotic - hard to tell from the photo. Most likely something else, but would at least do a bit of research to rule out a fungus because some of them can be a pain to eradicate and total a big chunk of lawn in a disappointingly short time if left untreated.

You may get more response over on the GW Lawn Care forum. Best of luck with it.

Here is a link that might be useful: GW Lawn Care Forum

o

Thank you for your response. I cross posted in the forum you suggested and was told it was likely lack of water. I did the "screwdriver test" and it appears that is the problem. I've been watering more and the areas are greening up.

Thank you!

o

Glad to hear it sounds like an easy problem to fix. Looks like an attractive grass, but don't see much (any?) in our DFW neighborhood. However, the TAMU extension folks put a Palisades zoysiagrass lawn in this year at a WaterSense demo home just a few miles away, so maybe we'll be seeing more of it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here