Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fertilizer for Bermuda Grass

Posted by kyastanley TX (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 6, 10 at 21:26

I have a question. Since we are in the last part of the year, what kind of fertilizer should I use for my bermuda grass before winter. My first application in the spring was a Vigoro 15-5-10 fertilizer,and every 45 days after that I have been using a 35-0-5 vigoro fertilizer. The results have been okay. Any suggestion on what I should use on my last application for the year?

Thanks,
Kurt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fertilizer for Bermuda Grass

Fertilizer is a lot cheaper at LESCO/John Deer Landscape stores. Look for them. In the lawn forum, this sod farm owner often suggests first or last fertilizer of each year to be 15-5-10 and rest for 39-0-0 for every 30-45 days.

o

I'll tell you what, we aren't into all that organic gardening, but a neighbor started putting compost from the dump on his bermuda yard and it looked way better than ours, so we copied him. Now ours with compost AND fertilizer looks better than his! (It doesn't hurt that we aren't afraid of weed killer and he is!) So, I suggest adding compost with the fertilizer IF you can get it for free like we can.

Lynn Marie

o

The sod farmer that Lou is talking about put out the "Bermuda Bible" which pretty much tells you all you need to know about the care and feeding of Bermuda. You will have to google it because the link is blocked here. You ought to go over to the lawn forum. There's a lot of good stuff there. BTW, Home Depot in my area is carrying a limited supply of Lesco fertilizer. I found that the Lesco dealer in this area is pretty expensive although their product is good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here