Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOVE my irrigation system!!

Posted by ogrose 8 DFW (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 4, 12 at 23:32

I didn't want it, thought it was unnecessary, but both my husband and son insisted I needed it, so...I gave in.

Got to say my yard has never looked better, some of the roses bloomed all summer, and the growth of everything has been phenonemal! We are water restricted to twice a week, AND my water bill has been not very much higher than what I normally pay this time of year.

Until we just can't water anymore, I plan to enjoy!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOVE my irrigation system!!

We had a sprinkler system put in 18 months ago and I love it! We have 11 zones so controlling the watering schedule is really easy, although I know that more water is wasted using the sprinklers than soakers, drip, or hand watering. However, with almost an acre to water, this has been wonderful for me.
Molly

o

Same here, Sheryll ..............my irrigation systen is old, but still does it's job, and I love the way it makes things look with much less work.

o

I just planted this new bed last Fall, and it has grown quite a bit just this summer; so much better than if I had watered with sprinklers for the last 40 years!

o

Sheryll, how beautiful.............wow, your back yard looks so different. Good job !!!

o

I love your yard! Would love to see more photos of it. I'm glad the sprinkler system is working out well for you. We have one that came with the house, but most of the emmiters put out such a fine spray that about half of the water evaporates before it hits the ground so we don't use it except when we go on vacation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here