Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any use for an old hose?

Posted by scotty66 8 Hutto TX (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 2, 11 at 1:03

had a spray gun on an old hose and forgot to turn the faucet off. guess the pressure built up to much and it ripped 2 different holes in the hose. Luckily caught it before wasted too much water.
I salvaged part of the hose to fix an old hose reel. It was only a 25' hose and I am hoping there are some creative uses for it.
Besides making a shorter hose :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any use for an old hose?

there are lots of uses for old hoses, but suddenly I can only think of a couple...

rope cover for anything heavy you want to hang from a tree (tree swing, tire swing), also works if you have a new tree with wire supports.

I have used them in odd ways also, to prevent a clip on flag hanger slipping down the metal flag pole, there is just enough grip to keep it stable.

we are crazy about reusing stuff ;-) You just have to temper the keeping of old stuff with the purging of old stuff or soon you can't park in the garage.

o

I found this url below:
Now, I do use short pieces of old garden hose to make it easier to carry those 5-gallon buckets. Many such buckets have those plastic pieces that disintegrate after a while, so a piece of hose to slip on really comes in handy.

Here is a link that might be useful: New uses, old garden hose

o

I didn't look at the link, but I save old hose to wrap rope used to tie down new trees.

o

I had a vine that was growing in the wrong spots on an arbor. I used an old hose to pull clumps of the vine into the empty spaces.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here