Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantmaven

Bossjim

plantmaven
12 years ago

Refresh my memory, What is the name of the plant that gets a small unique red bloom with a tad of black. I thought it was a vine, but you said more of a sprawling shrub.

Thanks

klmc

Comments (4)

• bossjim1
    12 years ago

Kathy, did you get it from me this year, or in '09?
    Jim

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    12 years ago

09, the word dragon keeps coming to mind, but might not mean a thing. It bloomed while in the green room this past winter.

I am in Atascocita and brought it to Dale.

k

• bossjim1
    12 years ago

Hey Kathy, that's Orange Dragon, or Bunny Ears, Ruttya fruticosa. Everything I read on the Internet says it blooms all summer, but only bloomed for me in the fall. I lost mine last winter. (17 deg.)
    You and Dale should run down here while you're so close.
    Jim

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks! and thanks for the invite. He has the kids this weekend and has to take them home at 5:00.
    Some time when I am here and he is on vacation (the kids spring break or Christmas) we will try to get over that way.

They have a 5 mo old PBGV pup and she's a digger. OMG is she cute. The breeder is Julie's cousin. They will raise her for show until she gets show confirmed. Once that is on the breeder's resume they won't show her anymore, unless they decide to do so. The puppies sell for $15000. But they did not have to pay that.

He has put up some wire fencing across a corner. Which she promptly squeezed through. Then he added lattis. She tried that also and was digging. He finally sprinkled tabasc saauce around the outside edge.
    She had to get it twice to fingure it out.

Of course my terrier is bent out of shape that there is a dog here.

Here is a link that might be useful: PBGV