Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
10-28 Last sale of the year at S. A. Botanical Gardens ...

Posted by roselee z8 SW Texas (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 10:00

If you buy 10 gallon size plants they are only $3.00. Whoo hoo!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 10-28 Last sale of the year at S. A. Botanical Gardens ...

Wish I lived closer................

o

It will no longer be held in gerties garden but in the greenhouse section.

o

That's good news! You go out the door to a pavilion area called Gerties Garden and signs will direct you to the sales area. I remember when they used to always have it in the green house area. They'll hold your plants if you want to take a little tour around the gardens. The weather will be nice and the gardens in their full fall glory. Joey (Phoenix) might we see you there?

o

I'm off on Sundays but ill probably go to the gardens and the sale.

o

I still haven't planted everything from the swap. I gott a plant my summers haul and finish the winter vegetable garden before I even think of more plants but it is very tempting

o

I'm going! I hear they have thousands of plants (as if I needed thousands of plants ... :-)

o

Well, I didn't get thousands of plants, but close to it ;-) If it had narrow leaves, and/or grey or rough leaves -- that said to me "Drought tolerant and chilli thrip resistant" so I bought it. They offered several Texas and Mexican natives that I had never heard of before. It will be fun seeing how they do. At the prices the plants were offered at today one can afford to experiment.

They had plants for sale in Gertie's Garden, but you could go back to the greenhouses if you wished. I wished. And I also wish that you all could have been there. It would have been fun to oooh and aaah with someone.

Oh, and as before there was something to do with the city water saver program so they took a dollar off the cost of each plant deemed drought tolerant so that was a nice plus.

o

Come on roselee.. Cough up the names of the thousands of narrow gray leafed texas plants that you got. Make me drool and maybe next year I will join you.

o

Okay Mara. I'll get a list together tomorrow for your inquiring mind :-) Here's a little teaser in the meantime -- a photo of the haul:

o

I think I am going to haver to go to this sale next year. The prices are better than the LBJ one. plants are the kind that I am interested in.

o

The prices are not always quite this low. This was an end of season deal, but the prices are always better than you can get anywhere else and the selection and the quality are great.

o

Well ,then The end of season deal it is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here