Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Fall Hummer Sighting Map

Posted by melvalena North Texas 7/8 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 9, 11 at 10:21

The folks that provide the Spring Migration Map are now tracking the Fall Migration. (as best it can be done)

I was thinking earlier this week I hadn't seen one in about a week.. then during lunch that day one came to the feeder while we were at the table. I need to start marking down my sightings and trying to keep track.

The visits are getting fewer and fewer at my place. But I can see there are still plenty more that haven't made it this far south yet.

This sighting map may be helpful in knowing when its safe to put the feeders away for the winter.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fall Migration Sighting Tracker

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Fall Hummer Sighting Map

Not as many now as I was seeing earlier! It's been a good fall season for seeing them here...I assume that's because there's not much in the wild for them.

o

I haven't seen any the past few days..............

o

We haven't seen any in a couple of weeks now.

o

I had one in my garden as of 2 days ago.

o

put the feeder out a few days ago, seen two female RB's so far.

o

I haven't seen any in about a week either.

o
Is there any way to list towns on that map?

When zooming in, it's hard to tell which are close to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here