Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantmaven

where do you live?

plantmaven
12 years ago

A couple people have inquired on how to plan a swap.

Our swap is always very casual.

If you think you might be interested, post the name of the nearest town to you. That way those wanting to swap can contact each other.

Kathy

Comments (36)

• soxxxx
    12 years ago

I live in Kilgore TX(Piney woods mideast part of the state)
    Nearest big town is Tyler.

A garden group in this area has a swap but it is not on a certain date each year

It would be nice to have a list of where every member lives, just to know where they are when they post.

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I said "nearest" only because I thought there might be folks who did not want to put the exact town.
    Our swap is never on a certain date. But we try for March/April & Oct.

• melvalena
    12 years ago

I live in Flower Mound, Denton County.
    We've been having a small plant swap up here each spring and fall. Due to the terrible summer we haven't put our fall swap together yet but I'm thinking about it.

Contact me if you're in Denton County and I'll put you on our small email list if you'd like.

• flowerlover78
    12 years ago

I am just outside SA in bexar county in the country out towards elmendorf

• PKponder TX Z7B
    12 years ago

I am north of Fort Worth. There usually is a fall and spring swap here, but I have not had the opportunity to attend yet.

Pam

• ogrose_tx
    12 years ago

I'm in Carrollton, would love to be on your email list, melvalina!

• ruthz
    12 years ago

I'm in Euless, which is kinda in the middle of the DFW area.

• carrie751
    12 years ago

I'm in Copper Canyon, which is south of Denton and west of Lewisville.

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I did not list where I live. Bandera Rd. and Loop 1604 in NW San Antonio.

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    12 years ago

I live in Wood county in east Texas, about a half hour north of Chamblee's roses in Tyler.

Lin

• melvalena
    12 years ago

Denton County Folks:
    Carrie and I have decided that instead of a fall swap this year we'd like to do a garden hop (yes, we want to see your gardens!) and have a light dinner afterwards at my place.

Interested? Send me an email and I'll send you an invite to our email list. We'll do all the info exchanging there.

• cynthianovak
    12 years ago

Arlington
    Between FW and "D"

• MidnightBirdGirl
    12 years ago

melvalena, I just sent you an email, I am in Denton County as well, between Argyle and Justin.
    Carrie

• melvalena
    12 years ago

Carrie (midnightbirdgirl) got your email & responded...
    look forward to meeting you!

• tina_2
    12 years ago

Hi - I live in Grand Prairie,Texas.
    I have opted for in person swaps. Much easier with the price of gas and potting up ,lugging all the plants to & from. Tina

• texaskelley
    12 years ago

I'm JUST northwest of Houston. Anyone close by?

AOK

• chuckesweetmb
    12 years ago

plantmaven, I live really close to you! i'm right on 1604 next to la cantera. email me if you like to meet up or help this newbie start a garden. No plants to swap, but i'm good at baking.:)
    Chuckie

• ltcollins1949
    12 years ago

I live down here in beautiful, little ole Rockport, Aransas County on the Coastal Bend. We are featured as the Coastal Dream Town in this November 2011 issue of Coastal Living. The word is getting out about our sleepy little fishing village!

For some time, I've wanted to start a "plant swap" down here but the idea was not met with very much "enthusiasm" by the Master Gardeners since they always have had Spring and Fall Plant Sales. However, I have since resigned from the MG program, and it is my understanding that they might give up on having plant sales in the future. SO Barbra a/k/a honeybunny, why don't you and I consider putting on a Spring Plant Swap down here? I know that I can get some gardeners to help! Let me know what you all think!

• chitralekha
    12 years ago

I live in NW San Antonio. (Bandera road between 1604 and Braun Road.

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    12 years ago

chitralekha, we are almost neighbors. I am just off Prue.
    You should come to the next SAPS swap.

Here is a link that might be useful: April 2012 swap

• honeybunny2 Fox
    12 years ago

Linda, it would be great to have a plant swap in Rockport/Aransas. Albert is still moving stuff down from Belton, and has not been on the forum. I am almost sure Albert and Betty would love to participate. It would be a great way for him to meet other gardeners in the area. You pick the date and location, and I will be there. If you want to have it at my house, that's fine, but my dogs will bark. I had great trades with a couple of ladies from Corpus Christi, that I meet on the plant swap forum. I bet if we posted there, a lot of people would show up. This would be the best of both worlds for me. I hope that Albert can teach me how to root plants from cuttings, boy would I be grateful. I have alot of unusual plants, but do not know how to root them. He is a master at doing this, almost every plant has a story, of where it came from. Barbra

• jardineratx
    12 years ago

Texaskelley, I am northwest of houston in Hockley

• ltcollins1949
    12 years ago

Sounds great Barbra! I'll get with you soon! And I've already contacted one gardener that might be interested!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    12 years ago

I am in San Antonio, close to the Medical Center, I also live close to Kathy. I can't wait to meet all the new folks on April 14th. Shirley, I will go early to the park, so I can reserve the tables. Barbra

• texaskelley
    12 years ago

Jardineratx:

Hockey''s not far from me. I'll be in Katy starting next week! I'm up for a plant swap, or even just a get-together, since I have a new yard and NO CLUE how this climate works! Let me know if you're game, and anyone else nearby, too!

AOK

• jardineratx
    12 years ago

Texaskelley, I sent you an email.
    Molly

• chitralekha
    12 years ago

Plantmaven, it is nice to know that we are neighbors. I'll try to come for the next SAPS. Thanks.
    Chitra

• tina_2
    12 years ago

Hi - Is anyone close to Grand Prairie? Thanks,Tina

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Barbra, just saw you're planning on being at the park early. Thank you, that's the biggest concern. I'll be there to help "spread out" and hold the tables too.

• lilij1963
    12 years ago

I live north of Houston, near Shepherd.. anyone out here..?

• cygnwulf
    12 years ago

I live in South Arlington, almost to Mansfield. I would be interested in coming to a swap just for fellowship even.

• carrie751
    12 years ago

The Denton County Swap is each spring and fall......watch for it on the exchanges page.

• rcnaylor
    12 years ago

Up here on the High Plains. Amarillo. What most of Texas seems to consider frozen tundra. Of course, sometimes they would be right. ;)

• ckap
    12 years ago

Anyone near Sugar Land in Houston.

• backacre
    12 years ago

In Flint, Smith County, outside the city of Tyler

• garden_fool
    12 years ago

I live in West Columbia I am a member of the Brazoria County master gardeners