Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are you getting wet?

Posted by cynthianovak 7/8 TX (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 9, 11 at 11:32

Went out to get the paper and had 1 inch at 7:30am
Went out at 10am and had 1 1/2 inches

I hope y'all are getting wet. We were on the edge of rain. I guess all the folks at the Ranger game and the Taylor Swift concert pulled it toward us.

rain is such a blissful sound

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are you getting wet?

Just and put my indoor plants out. Wished I'd thought of that last night.

Weather stations close to me are reporting just under one inch in the last 24 hours.

o

Still raining at my house.............slowly, but allowing each precious drop to soak in. In fact, it is beginning to puddle in a few places, and that is a welcome sight. Now, to fill the pond..............

o

1.75" west of Austin. I collected 2000 gallons of water. I feel like a miser. I am sitting back feeling rich rich rich today. And I have socks and a sweater on!

o
Wantona!!! RE: Are you getting wet?

Wantona, I'm so glad you've finally got some rain!

o

We got over 6" . In my little dog's life she has never seen heavy rain. So, there's poop in the diningroom. For 6" of rain she can go where ever she wants.

o

My rain barrels are about full. Think we're at about 1 1/2 inches and it's still slowly coming down.

o

i am 100 miles east of dallas and not a drop!! slight chance of some rain tonite!!

o

It has stopped at my house, but still a possibility of more.........I will keep positive thoughts. I am so happy for those of you who are getting a goodly amount of rain. Woo-hoo !!!!

o

2 inches in the rain gauge when it stopped. Feels like more any time.

The rain barrel is overflowing. Bought a BIG plastic pot with no holes in it yet. Just happened to set it at the edge of the roof. It's full too.

I hope it gets to everyone.

c

o

It was a long time coming, but we got .95" yesterday, and 3.07" so far today, and it is still raining!
Jim

o

It dumped enough to put some water in my retention pond :). I'm thinking at least 2" if not more.

o

I got 5.5 in here where I am and our river is on a rise .TYG!!!!

o

YES, am lovin' it!!

o

Wonderful news that it is so widespread............so good for Texas and all of us.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here