Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rock_oak_deer

San Antonio Plant Swap April 6, 2013

rock_oak_deer
11 years ago

Looking ahead, the best date for the San Antonio plant swap is Saturday April 6th. Easter is March 31st and the Wildflower Center sale is the weekend of the 13th. Fiesta begins April 18th so the next two weekends would likely be busy at the park.

Let me know if there's something I missed and we'll set the date.

Comments (15)

• phoenix7801
    11 years ago

Works for me! Viva Botanica is on the 20th so before that I'm free

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Sounds good to me! Thanks Shirley for figuring around all those dates coming up.

Joey, it's good to hear about a Viva Botanica. Do you know if they'll have lots of venders like they used to have?

• phoenix7801
    11 years ago

Don't really know at this time. I just know that Viva is mandatory work day like what happened a few weeks ago when I couldn't go to the swap. I'm sure they will it's our official fiesta event.

• rock_oak_deer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Okay, April 6, 2013 it is.

I'll post a notice after the holidays.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

Thank you for not doing it on the LBJ sale day. Theoretically I should be able to make bith but I get so many plants That I find that I am planting up a storm the next day. I am still planting. beleive it or not. I still have my crinums and Agave lophanthas to plant. Me bad.

• rock_oak_deer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm still planting too, agaves are tough so they're the last to get planted.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Speaking of agaves, if anyone around San Antonio sees them, or other succulents, grasses, etc., 'on sale' (reduced prices) like at Lowes or something let me know.

Or even when nurseries get new stock in I'd like to check them out.

Of course I'd love to trade for them, but probably nobody wants my leafy plants since they may harbor chilli thrips :-( and there's no use in bringing them in before they come in of their own accord.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

I asked the guys at the Natural gardener about Chili thrips and she said they have been in the Austin area for 5 years . They have an info desk and people bring them their bugs for IDing. They have a microscope and knowledgable people.

I just saw that my A gave utahensis is pupping.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Thanks for the info Mara. Anyone know of such a service in San Antonio that is being offered by Natural Gardener? I guess the Ag. extension agency is one, but not sure how responsive they are. I took something once and never heard back. I'd rather have an on the spot ID. Still working on IDing them myself with a 10 power jewelers loop.

Also I'm interested in clumping bamboos if anyone sees some 'on' sale and even 'for' sale. I haven't been able to find where chilli thrips have infested bamboos on the internet. Or maybe someone has some to share.

A bamboo club used to set up at Vivabotanica. Anybody here a member and know if they will do so next year?

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Meant to say there is no doubt in my mind that chilli thrips are on the roses because the damage is identical to photos on the internet, but I've seen some suspicious looking leaves on other plants like the Texas smoke tree that I'd like a positive ID on.

• beachplant
    11 years ago

works for me! I`ll put in a request now.
    Tally HO!

• mamachile
    11 years ago

Hello everyone,
    I still have one ruby grapefruit plant for Phoenix7801 in 5 gallon pot that I reserve from the fall 2012 plant swap. Please let me know if you are still interested.
    And I am also bringing two plants for Anu the Gardenlover.
    Roselee, We love your secret garden.

• rock_oak_deer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We look forward to seeing you at the swap. I have linked this to our exchange thread.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to swap thread

• phoenix7801
    11 years ago

I'm still interested in the grapefruit mamachile. I'll see you there.

• gardenlover1
    11 years ago

Thanks mamachile. I'll see you at the swap.