Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vanillalotus

Share your Texas Garden Blog

vanillalotus
16 years ago

Anyone here have a garden blog. Care to share?

Here is a link that might be useful: New Sprout

Comments (71)

• sb158
    15 years ago

Here's mine.

Here is a link that might be useful: sb158's Valley Garden

• mscotty12321
    15 years ago

Here is my blog attempt.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plano Prairie Garden

• beachplant
    15 years ago

Now I have a link and no excuse not to blog. I keep a sporadic garden journal, try to write down when I fertilize etc. but I'd rather BE in the garden.

Tally HO! Headed outside before the storms

HAPPY SPRING! HAPPY SPRING!!

• annieinaustin
    14 years ago

Sure hope you don't mind me correcting your link to blogspot dot com, accidentalhuswife. I'm glad I figured it out and found your very cool blog.

You have my sympathy on losing tomatoes to hail - we also had to replant.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose blog

Here is a link that might be useful: accidentalhuswife blog

• accidentalhuswife
    14 years ago

Thank you so much Annie! I appreciate it! And thanks for the sympathy on the tomatoes. We had another hail storm hovering around tonight and I was prepared to throw my body across my tomato plants. Fortunately, the crisis was averted. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: The Accidental Huswife

• annieinaustin
    14 years ago

We had some hail here, too - should have been thinking about the tomatoes but worrying about the new roof and skylight distracted me!
    Looked this morning and think all is okay with 1¼" free water.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Here is a link that might be useful: The Transplantable Rose

• denisew
    14 years ago

This isn't my garden, but rather a documentation of the establishment and maintenance of a wildflower meadow at a local elementary school. I wanted to preserve the information for future generations. I also posted this over in the conversations arena because back in the fall I had promised people here that I would post pictures of the meadow in the spring.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vaughan Meadow Blog

• stephanieftx
    14 years ago

I have enjoyed reading your blogs and touring your gardens. What fun! I have a gardening blog, but I don't update it daily. Please check it out!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Haphazard Gardener

• marlingardener
    14 years ago

Well, it's not exactly a blog, but my husband and I have a website where we share our successes and failures (!) on our little Texas farm. We have gardening tips, nature activities, recipes, herb information, and photos. We update monthly, and there is also a free newsletter that you can sign up for (e-mail address completely confidential, we swear)that has recipes, herb-of-the-month, nature activities for children and a way to contact us if you have a specific question or comment. We are at www.rgf-tx.com and the gate at Red Gate Farm is always open for friends!

• wandam1
    14 years ago

I've really enjoyed reading all the blogs listed in this thread.
    I have a blog that I really enjoy. It's not always about gardening, but this time of year gardening is a big part of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Bee Hive

• freshair2townsquare
    14 years ago

Y'all's blogs are so cool. I'd include mine, but it includes things that aren't fit to print - baggage. I enjoy your entries and photos immensely.

~ freshair

• TxMarti
    14 years ago

Baggage, yep, me too. I spill my guts from time to time. It's cathartic.

• laughing_laney
    14 years ago

I love to garden in Texas because we have four seasons to garden in.....wow! Check out my blog.....I try to add to it weekly, but it has been a little hot.

Here is a link that might be useful: Laneystexasgarden

• kathycg
    13 years ago

I like to read blogs your blog is very nice. I love gardening too.
    --------------
    kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Shares

• yummykaz
    13 years ago

I write a reader blog in the Houston chronicle. I try to not write about only tomatoes!

Here is a link that might be useful: Food And Wildlife in My Backyard

• elizabeth6702
    13 years ago

Blogging can be addictive -- I try to write every day and mostly, I can think of something.

I write about plants, birds, recipes, and odd things that happen out there in my Sugar Land area garden.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fold, Fallow and Plough

• clairtx
    13 years ago

I'm also new to blogging, but I'm not too old to try something new. Please visit my blog and any garden tips you might want to leave.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Cottage Garden

• jun_
    13 years ago

just put mine up this morning

Here is a link that might be useful: Tropical in Houston

• ntxgardener
    13 years ago

I started a blog/website about a month ago. This is mainly centered to the gardeners in the North Texas area. This is an ongoing process and get excited to see new users each day.

Here is a link that might be useful: North Texas Gardening

• tejas55
    13 years ago

Here's a Texas blog.

Here is a link that might be useful: TexasFlora.com

• misden
    13 years ago

Here's my Houston garden blog.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://houstongardengirl.blogspot.com/

• bigtexworms
    13 years ago

I have a blog on worm composting in Texas

Here is a link that might be useful: worm composting blog

• davidmeeker
    13 years ago

I started a garden blog a few months ago. Please feel free to check it out and leave a comment. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://portholeleaves.com

• ltcollins1949
    13 years ago

Here is our website for the Rockport Herb & Rose Study Group and here is our blog Rockport Herbies. Three of us work on it, so often we have lots of varied information and not only information about herbs. Check us out when yhou get a chance.

• wandam1
    13 years ago

I'm not sure if I should post mine or not. I haven't had a photo or entry concerning gardening since May. Mine is kind of an 'everything' blog. But there have been fairly recent entries and photos of our chickens, so that is semi garden related, I guess. More recent entries have tended towards holidays and artsy-crafty stuff.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Bee Hive

• carmenw165_att_net
    13 years ago

just really getting started - so not alot there - but will be by spring - I promise!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lincoln County Garden Girl

• holleygarden Zone 8, East Texas
    13 years ago

Here's a link to mine.

Here is a link that might be useful: Roses and Other Gardening Joys

• ladybugfruit
    13 years ago

Here's a link to mine..it has a little of everything, but I find myself enjoying blogging about my garden, so there are more and more garden posts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Forget-Me-Nots

• texasflip
    13 years ago

I have a blog I occasionally update about native plants I find around my place. It's more about the pictures and documentation but some people might find it interesting.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wild Plants of Friendswood

• buck_keelys_net
    13 years ago

Great blog!
    ============================
    Buck
    http://www.seedcatalog.com
    Heirloom Seeds 'How God plants His garden'

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.seedcatalog.com

• Dwibren
    12 years ago

My blog is called, 'In the Charamon Garden,' but will soon be renamed as I move to a hosted site. It will most likely be called, 'Food from the Dust,' which is much more descriptive of my emphases. My specialty is organic vegetable gardening in areas of 'spotty' rainfall. West Texas is dry, dusty and windy. It gets very hot in summer and quite cold in winter. The soil and water tends to be alkaline. Did I say it can be very windy? There is usually a serious lack of humus in the soil and iron and calcium tend to be unavailable. These conditions are, in a word, difficult. And, they are common conditions not only in Texas, but across the Southwest. I want to help fellow-gardeners who struggle with these challenges.

Here is a link that might be useful: In the Charamon Garden

• equinecpa
    12 years ago

My blog is called "Neighborly Place" -it's about life on our farm and how we enjoy the simple things in life.

Here is a link that might be useful: Neighborly Place

• Cynthiapi
    12 years ago

Hi everyone! I'd love to share my blog with you. I would also enjoy hearing your tips, comments and suggestions about my topics. Thanks - Cindy

Here is a link that might be useful: Nature is Nurture

• flipflopgardener
    12 years ago

Greetings all! I have a new illustrated Texas gardening blog called Dorris the Flip Flop Gardener. I would love to know what you think of the site.

http://flipflopgardener.blogspot.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Dorris the Flip Flop Gardener

• salinger7
    12 years ago

Hello there,
    Awesome blogs so far. Keep em coming!

I recently started to write and elaborate about my Xeriscape designs.

I hope you will visit, read and leave some input.

Thanks and have a wonderful week!
    Reed

Here is a link that might be useful: Austin Native Landscaping Blog

• Anthony Nguyen
    12 years ago

Hello all, here is my veggie/fruit/chicken blog. It's a bit out of date.

http://nguyengarden.blogspot.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Nguyen garden blog

12 years ago

My blog is a year old now, and I'm still posting several times a week. My main focus is roses, but I included a lot more than that!

I hope you'll come by!

http://dreamingofroses.blogspot.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Roses and Other Gardening Joys

• melvalena
    12 years ago

Holleygarden,

I went through a lot of the blogs listed in this thread early this morning and a good number of them haven't been updated in at least a year. :(

I saved yours to have a closer look later.

If I may ask, what part of East Texas are you in?

12 years ago

melvalena - It seems a lot of bloggers quit after a while, that's why I thought I'd put a new message on there that mine was still active.

I live close to Tyler, which is probably why roses seem to do well for me. But I have a lot of companion plantings in my garden, too. If it helps you to know, I have clay, acidic soil (except where I've brought in dirt - and it's sandy).

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog. It started just as a way to journal my garden, but I've really enjoyed writing about and photographing my garden through this past year.

• melvalena
    12 years ago

Holleygarden,
    I've spent a good deal of my afternoon hanging out at your blog! I love that you post so many photos, and label them too!

I'll be spending the next several days at your blog reading past posts and taking notes. :)

12 years ago

Melvalena, that makes me smile. I hope you'll also consider subscribing by email. :)

• optimistique
    12 years ago

Adding my blog to the list...its mostly about vegetable gardening; with some other things mixed in here or there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sustainably Modern

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    12 years ago

Thanks everybody for the recent blog shares!

A fairly new blog that I really enjoy is Shirley's Rock-Oak-Deer San Antonio based blog. She really gets around and I'm learning a lot of new stuff about the city I live in as well as her gardening experiences under conditions a lot like mine plus her visits to interesting Hill Country garden spots; all with lots of great pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rock-Oak-Deer blog spot ...

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Thank you! You're so nice to put my blog in the list and say such nice things.

• salinger7
    12 years ago

Hey Y'all!
    I just wanted to say thanks a lot for sharing your wonderful and beautiful blogs.
    I am excited to say that I have looked at most of them and posted links to them from my website. Check out the link bellow. I have 99 Texan Blogs listed!

I am trying to compile an extensive, and all inclusive blog list of ALL the Texas gardening blogs available online.

Help me make it to 100. Please comment there if I missed your blog.

Thanks again for sharing and have a wonderful evening!

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenWeb Blogs!

• Christian
    11 years ago

Here is one more blog! My garden blog, from Garland, TX.
    Just started it this year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cabal's Garden in Garland

• dfw_gardener
    11 years ago

Here's my video blog on gardening in the DFW area.

I try to update once a week, or every other week when not much is happening.

Here is a link that might be useful: DFW Gardener

• mistiaggie
    11 years ago

Hi! I'm pretty new to the Texas forum but I used to be around the FL forum very often before we left FL back in 2010 to do some backpacking. Now we are settled in far NW Houston I am back in the gardening realm again. I'm definitely interested in checking out all of the links above to get some new ideas....I'm a tropical girl at heart so I miss all of my orchids and Z10+ plants.

My personal blog which has some gardening stuff is at Oceanic Wilderness but I am also part of a gardening blog where three of us write about our gardening woes and triumphs at Sprout Dispatch

Looking forward to checking out everyone's gardens!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Wow -- more garden and adventure blogs to check out.

Thank you all for listing them here as well as on each other's blogs!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting