Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pinkkpearls

things happening in my garden - help?!

pinkkpearls
9 years ago

So there are a ton of exciting things going on in my garden. Everything I got at the swap is settling into its new home (my home) and I'm happy about that. The champneys pink cluster rose actually bloomed again after the initial shock!

But anyway, on to the help....I planted a ton of bulbs and stuff for the spring. I have some hardy geranium, various allium, astrantia, and a landana lily that has already sprouted and growing. I've never grown any of these things, but when i planted them the geranium, astrantia, and lily had like 6 inch roots on them. The allium were just bulbs with no roots.

My question is obviously the frost will kill the growth, but is it okay they have already sprouted?? Will they grow again in the Spring and bloom? The geranium and astrantia have like 3 inch seedlings already - I planted these the day after the swap. The allium look like Y's. I heard with Fall bulbs for Spring blooming it is bad if they sprout! Please let me know if I should dig them up and store them for colder weather! I don't know what to do!

Comments (2)