Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any experience with Pam's pink honeysuckle?

Posted by roselee z8 SW Texas (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 27, 12 at 16:21

Pam's pink honeysuckle is being considered for the tower that now has a climbing rose. Anybody have any experience with growing it?

The site below said it's been promoted as a Texas Superstar plant, but I just looked at their list and didn't see it. I didn't see any vines at all on Texas Superstar list which is surprising.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pam's pink honeysuckle ...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any experience with Pam's pink honeysuckle?

No real experience with this one but my Google search turned it up on the Aggie Horticulture site as a Texas Superstar.

It sounds lovely!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pam's Pink Honeysuckle

o

Thanks for finding it Pam. I searched again for "Texas Superstar Vines" and found their vines, but it wasn't on the list. Maybe it was an old list before they had it on there.

I'm a little afraid it might be too vigorous. Trying to decide between it and the native coral honeysuckle. But you should have it since it bears your name :-)

o

Oh MY! Looks beautiful! It doesn't sound too invasive to me from the description. It is semi-evergreen, so the cold winters will probably slow it down. Plus it only gets about 5-6 feet tall. I may have to find another empty spot on a fence for one of these!

o

It does sound nice, but I bought a 'white and cream honeysuckle' today at the SABG plant sale. There was no botanical name but the volunteers said it was very fragrant, but not invasive like the Japanese honeysuckle, so I think I'll just go with it and skip the Pam's pink unless somebody comes up with rave reports.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here