Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plea for help mistakenly posted in Conversations

Posted by sylviatexas z8a Tx (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 29, 13 at 17:11

Somebody please help her with her magnolias!

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/txgard/con091648239720.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Burnt-Looking Leaves on Magnolias

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plea for help mistakenly posted in Conversations

Thanks for your thoughtfulness is alerting us, but all is well. Aukumar posted the question on this forum also and received some help from Cynthia. That post has fallen off the first page by now. I think they also got an answer on the exchanges forum, but nobody goes much to the conversations forum.

Aukumar, if you're reading this how is the magnolia doing?

Here is a link that might be useful: It's nice to know help was given ....

o

Extremely sorry for the late response!
My little gem magnolias are now doing good. Had spayed liquid copper and neem oil solutions when there were signs of stress on the plants as in the photos I posted under this thread. The applications were about 5 weeks apart. Thanks to Cynthianovak for suggestions.
What I learnt is we need to be prepared in advance for such eventualities. The browning of the leaves and eventually the leaves fall off during start of spring season. An application of neem oil during mid-March in DFW area followed by application of liquid copper fungicide during last week of April or first week of May on these magnolias would take care of the disease. Also, when the dead leaves fall out, it is better idea to remove them. Even the stems/ branches affected should be removed. One of my trees had almost been bald during that time since I removed all the affected leaves and disposed it off. Once strengthened (basically degenerated the fungus) the magnolias sprung back to life. However, they are a bit slow growing. I'll try to post some pics of the survived magnolia.
Rosalee

o

Here is the one I was talking about. It is now slowly growing and will remember to treat it with fungicide in March-April 2015.
Thanks

o

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear you have a remedy and the trees are growing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here