Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ruthz_gw

Birdwatching still

ruthz
10 years ago

There seems to be a lot of these birds.
I don't think this is the same yellow ones I've been seeing.
Still can't get good pictures.

Comments (6)

• ruthz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

another shot

• ruthz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Same bird in both pictures.
    The birds like bathing in the dirty laundry basket with water even thou there is a clean bird bath a few feet away.

I'm still seeing hummers, but only on the Lady In Red Salvia. Haven't seem them on the two feeders in a while.

This post was edited by ruthz on Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 19:04

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

Those look like goldfinches

• annieinaustin
    10 years ago

It's difficult to tell from your photos, but in the second, darker photo, the bird appears to have a white eye ring. Maybe you can check this next time you see the birds? A white eye ring is one of the identification details for a Nashville warbler.

• ruthz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Your right, it does have a white ring. I looked up the Nashville Warbler and that is what it looks like.
    I'm usually so busy trying to get a good picture that I don't really look at the bird except one day when I was hand watering and it sat on a plant right next to me. I didn't have my camera and didn't think to use my phone.
    My daughter sees them more than me since she's always outside smoking. I'll let her know to look for the white ring.

• annieinaustin
    10 years ago

Hi Ruthz

Once in awhile I can catch a decent bird photo through the window, but the camera sees more than I do and it's a good surprise once the photo is uploaded & enlarged on the computer.

Sometimes it can be hard to live in the moment!

Annie