Fri, Oct 12, 12 at 19:01

Just wanted to show you a bit of what Ill be working on

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coming soon to your San Antonio Botanical Gardens

Here ya'll go

o

Is this that huge type of 'Voodoo lily' that produces the largest flower in the world? How exciting! I have one of the smaller varieties blooming right now. It got mixed up from the drought last year. It's beautiful in a weird sort of way -- perfect for Halloween ... LOL

o

Cool, Joey ! I've always thought we needed one around here somewhere.

We'll miss you at the swap. Don't they know how important this is ???!!! I can't believe they would deny a plant person the chance to get more plants. Unbelievable !

patty

o

Well they had a mandatory work day tomorrow because of Garden by Moonlight so oh well. However April looks OK so hopefully ill see.y'all then

o

It was a pleasure to see your voodoo bulb in bloom Rosalee. Thanks for sharing your lovely garden with us yesterday.

o

I saw the pics of your voodoo lily and man is that thing large. I agree about the "fragrance" lol. They're right up there with carrion flowers. The titan arum corm has to get about 40 lbs before its mature enough to bloom.

o

Ok in the last 9 months these have grown and were repotted in 6 inch pots.

o

I took our normal sunshine mix and added some orchid bark. Apparently they like it moist not wet. They'll be going into 10 inch pots now.

o

I miss my amorphs.
Tally HO!

o

Joey, Good job taking care of them!! Looks like they're living up to their name..

Tally, at the fall SAPS I'll have a few bulbs that I grew from seed from the one I have ... :-)

o

Here they are potted up into their new 10's. The largest is unraveling his third leaf while the other one has a new shoot coming that will be ITS third leaf. They'll eventually hit a dormancy but until then they keep chugging along.

o

Ok time for another update! These two Titan Arums have put on two new leaves each and the roots are filling the pots. Time to pot them up

o

Gone are the 10 inch pots from 4 months ago. It's time for some 3 gallons. I mixed up a batch of soil with Sunshine Mix, compost, orchid bark, expanded shale and a bit of limestone sand. They're big enough to stay on the floor now.

o

Okie doke all potted up with some topdress and Marathon to keep the creepy crawlies away.

o

On a side note there are other growth points coming up that I believe might be offshoots or bulbils. It would be awesome to have some more I can divide off of the big ones. We shall see!

o

How exciting! They are looking good. Thanks for the updates. Keep them coming.

o

Golly they grow fast.

o

At the moment they're 2 feet tall but are mature at around 10 feet. Its gonna need a pretty big pot by then.

o

Just wanted to check in in case anyone was thinking " I wonder what happened to Joey's Titan Arums?" So here it is! Both of my plants FINALLY went dormant back in February and to make sure it wasn't rot/fungus/who knows I unearthed the corms. One was about 8 lbs and the other about 5. Unfortunately only the 8lb one showed signs of new growth point. Its the one pictured. He had two points off one corm and is 4ft tall in a 5 gallon pot.

o

Good the pic came out :-)

o

Yes, I do think of the Titan Arums in your care from time to time. Looking good! Thanks for the update.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here