Check out the Texas Gallery :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: SAPS Oct. 2011

Comments (6)

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Stayed up to see these, Roselee...............LOL>

• soxxxx
    12 years ago

That looks like so much fun. Wish I lived closer.
    Are all the people in the photos Texas Garden posters?
    If so what is the posting name of each one.
    And Meredith has the most beautiful blue eyes.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Soxx, I wish you could come too. As for the screen names of the people there let's see if I can remember. I may not spell these right so correct me if I'm wrong.

Meredith is 'meriberi'
    Kathy is 'plantmaven'.
    Patty is 'castrogardener'.
    Jim is 'bossjim'.
    Gina is 'flowerlover78'.
    Shirley is 'oak-rock-deer'.
    Barbra is 'honeybunny'.
    Linda is 'linda8'.
    Pat is 'leapingfroglady'.
    Sheila and Annie don't post as far as I know.
    Tonya is 'nbtonya'.

Did I miss anybody?

Carrie, I rushed them just for you :-) You simply much make a trip down here to our swap in the spring! Don't worry about bringing plants, just come for the get-to-gather.

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    12 years ago

I'm having plant-swap envy! Is anyone planning a fall swap for north or east Texas?

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

Lin, plan one your self. That's how this one got started.
    Barbara, me and another were also bemoaning the fact that the swaps we knew about were so far away. That is how this started. At that point we 3 people would be there.LOL

The one piece of advice I would give is have one person pick a date and a place. Y'all will never please everyone for a date and place.

I personally would not have one at my home. Everyone seems very nice on here. But I don't want strangers trucking inside to use the facilities.

Post your own post asking if anyone is interested. Do that right now and you could have a swap at some park next week. I bet there are lots of people with plants they don't want to over winter or have more than they want etc.

Like all those cop shows say, do it! Do it Now.

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    12 years ago

Kathy, funny you should say that - I'm trying to get a more formal swap going with my garden club ladies here - bringing my list of 'haves' to our monthly meeting on Tuesday.

Their swapping is more ad hoc - emails about what they're dividing and have to share. After a garden tour at one of their homes, I traded some Mexicali rose, eastern red cedar, and sassafras that she wanted, and received some cannas, a white vitex and a pink rock rose - I think I got the better of that swap!

I know there had been GW swaps in north central Texas, and was wondering if the original DFW swap group was planning a date, or the newer Denton county one. I also thought I might have missed one posted for east Texas in the past, since I wasn't here full time.

Lin