Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Andrea's HIll Country Gardens -- pictures

I was blown away by the ENORMOUS improvements Andrea has made to her Hill Country Gardens in New Braunfels in one year. All I can say is 'WOW'. I can't begin to tell you what extensive work has been done and it all reflects her wonderful designing and horticulture talents. And this is just the beginning of the plans that are in the works.

Shirley and I visited there today and we took a few pictures. The day was perfect; cool and sunny, but a little too much bright sun to capture good pictures. But these few will give you an idea.

There are tons of great Texas friendly plants at very reasonable prices. The same can be said for her pots and garden art. I'd say most of it is a good thirty to forty percent less than in San Antonio.

The entrance has been cleared and decorated ....

The display gardens have been totally revamped with interesting trails and new plantings ...

Gushing fountain ...

Loved these large mobile hummingbirds that were on sale at a discounted price. If I had them I'd like to imagine them to be pterodactyls swooping through the trees...

A wonderful bridge has been added over the lily pond ...

The balloons frame the entrance into the pumpkin patch. Using pallets set in a zig zag pattern for the fence is ingenious. There were lots of other landscaping and flower bed ideas to consider incorporating in our gardens, many of them using repurposed materials ...

Andrea and her helper telling us all about the many varieties of gourds and pumkins planted and how they thwarted the sqush bugs ...

Bob Fitzesimmons giving an informative talk on what to plant now ...

Andrea ... :-)

Comments (11)