Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anybody interested in Alamo vine seedlings (Austin area)

Posted by blue_turtle (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 11, 11 at 1:46

Four years ago I finally got my hands on Alamo vine, which is our native perenial morning glory. Despite the fact it is a morning glory, it doesn't seem to be aggressive or invasive. I saw it first in a few older gardens downtown, where it was well-behaved, and its been just as well-behaved in my garden.

It also sailed through this year's drought even though it's on a west-facing fence. It didn't bloom much this year, but I am not going to hold that against it - I was just impressed it was healthy and happy!

I have some seedlings I need to pot up, maybe 5 or 6? and am wondering if anybody would be interested?

here's more info:

http://flowerladysmusings.blogspot.com/2010/01/alamo-vine-convolvuoaceae-ipomoea.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anybody interested in Alamo vine seedlings (Austin area)

I would love one, but I don't think I can make it to Austin in the near future. Would you be willing to mail one? PM me if you are and we can figure it out.

Or maybe someone from Houston who's picking one up can snag one for me in exchange for lunch?

AOK

o

I would love some, I am out in Hamilton pool area. I can come in sometime next week or you can come out hear and we can work a trade . You can look over what I have available. Email me or I will email you
-Mara

o

I live in Austin, near Braker and 35. Trying to get some life into my not so live yard. Would be great to have one of your little gifts. Not sure how to send a private message on this forum, so please let me know how to make contact.

Thank You,

Brian

o

blessed garden,

hey, u are right around the corner from me! if you click on my name (its the blue link), you can send me a private message and I will send you my email address!

o

Well, I've tried a couple of times to tell Gardenweb to send me emails, and it keeps reverting to unchecked.

So please email me at calamitycrow at gmail dot com

sigh. **goes to kick the system some more**

o

Just sent an email via gmail.
Thanks again!

o

• Posted by ocgf Z8 (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 17, 11 at 10:12

I would like one, if available.

Thanks!

Omar

o

Okay, so I just unearthed a PM you sent me that my inbox sent straight to junk mail (I can't seem to get it to stop doing that...). I responded to your email. Sorry it's so late, I blame technology!

AOK

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here