Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone recognize this Brug?

Posted by cynthianovak 7/8 TX (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 18, 13 at 1:49

Hi all this is my favorite brug but I have no idea who she is.
Any ideas? carrie?????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone recognize this Brug?

It is impossible to identify a brug from a pic, Cynthia.....that is why my cuttings are always labeled if they have names and marked as "noids" if I don't know what they are. I do this, not because a name would make the brug any different, but out of respect for the hybridizer. That is a beautiful brug, and several come to mind as to what it MAY be, but it won't make it any more or less beautiful. One of my favorites is a noid white and I enjoy it so much, even without a name...............LOL>

o

Thanks Carrie! A NOID it is. That's a good enough name for me. I got it from someone who had grown them for growers but stopped. Gave them away and I was a lucky and diligent recipient turned steward of this gorgeous diva. c

o

Yes, Cynthia, just enjoy her for her beauty ........that is what I do, and it works for me !!!

o

I have one just like yours but when I got mine it was labeled"Versicolor" mine starts white then as the flower opens it changes to the light pink you have, I really love mine!! now I wouldn't mind getting some dble blooming brugmansias I am going to have to look and see. Marcie

o

That is not the name of the brug, Marcie, it is the kind of brug it is.

o

My Dr Suesse pouted all summer but is blooming like a maniac now.

o

Love that color!

o

If I were limited to ONE brug, it would be Dr. Seuss.

o

Angel's Trumpet, so beautiful! My daughter had them in her garden in San Diego. I've seen them 15' tall and about as wide back there.

Here is a link that might be useful: more pics.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here