Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carolann_z8

My yard is confused!!

carolann_z8
12 years ago

My yard is so confused. It thinks its spring. My peach tree just bloomed, my pear trees bloomed a few weeks earlier, my dutch iris are popping up and so are all my larkspur seedlings.

I'm worried that when spring arrives that my Larkspur won't return and maybe my dutch iris won't bloom.

Comments (18)

• pjtexgirl
    12 years ago

IDK about spring. I'm GUESSING it will may be a bit less showy but will still happen. Meanwhile, fall looks pretty good with the extra flowers!

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, I have a lot of things blooming now.

• Vulture61
    12 years ago

You can say that again. I have one bluebonnet blooming in my lawn!!

Omar

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Some of our bluebonnets look like they might bloom soon too. Just a strange year.

I thought I had missed the window for spring seeds, but now I'll go ahead and plant.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I might buy some larkspur seeds just in case.

• ogrose_tx
    12 years ago

I LOVE it that the roses, etc. are still blooming for Thanksgiving, will take it while I can, because know that colder weather is on the way!

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, I enjoy the blooms while I can too.
    My Lady Margaret passion vine is going crazy with blooms.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    12 years ago

My antelope milkweed is sprouting and showing bud.

• jardineratx
    12 years ago

I sowed borage seeds a few weeks ago and they have bloom buds on them already. It will be interesting to see if they start blooming in December instead of Feb/Mar. The roses have never had a better fall bloom.
    Molly

• ogrose_tx
    12 years ago

Yes, everything is confused in my yard too, but at my age, so am I!! Have a good day and weekend everyone.. we take what we get, right?

• Vulture61
    12 years ago

Spring weeds are also sprouting. I guess that's a good thing in the long run because maybe the plants that just sprouted will be frozen before they set seeds so less seeds will sprout in the spring (?). How's that for positive thinking?

Omar

• melvalena
    12 years ago

I love it Omar!! Lets hope it works out that way!

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Amen to that one !!!!

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL Omar, I love your way of thinking.

• Vulture61
    12 years ago

:D Thanks!

Omar

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

I just drove in from Houston. I was very surprised to see my yellow repeat bloomer iris blooming. The 4th time this year.

Kathy

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    12 years ago

My larkspur seedlings are coming up, as are the dutch iris and daffodils. I even found a daffodil bud today. Guess they figure they had better hurry up, grow and bloom. It might be 105 in March.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Blooming for the 4th time...wow!! Kathy, that's awesome!
    I need to swap my dumb iris off and get some of those.

I hope not 105 in March. Yikes!