Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you ID this flower for me??

Posted by i_love_my_cat DFW / 7b (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 23, 10 at 10:53

I saw this interesting-looking plant this weekend at Home Depot, but none of them were marked! The person working in the garden center didn't know what they were, and I haven't seen anything like them in any of my flower books. I'd kind of like to have one, but was hesitant to buy it without knowing what it is.

So, having said all that...I took pictures, but can't figure out how to upload them to my message. If somebody can help me out with that, I'll post the pics and hopefully get an ID.

Thank you!!

Lori (-:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you ID this flower for me??

Go to Photo Bucket on the internet. That site will tell you how.

o

Yes, most of us post pictures from Photobucket.com. You open the free account, upload your pictures there and then copy the HTML code (third one down) that is under the picture. Paste that code into the the message box and your photo appears when you preview the message.

Also if you scroll all the way down on the Texas Gallery page there are instructions for posting pictures without the benefit of a photo sharing site. I don't know how to do it, except I know you have to reduce the photo quite a bit.

We are interested in seeing the picture of the plant you saw and will be watching for a photo.

o

Thank you for the help! Let's see if this works....

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Yay! You did it -- and fast too.

It's Salvia leucantha (Mexican bush sage) It's a wonderful plant!

Blooms in the fall, very drought tolerant and comes back year after year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Salvia leucantha (Mexican bush sage)

o

Salvia leucantha, Mexican sage. It gets about 4ft. tall, and blooms in the fall.
Jim

o

Thanks, Roselee and Jim! Now that I was able to look up its growing requirements, I have just the spot for it. The previous owners of our house had some autumn sage planted, and we added Texas sage. We call it "sage town." (-: So, I think Mexican bush sage would be a nice addition!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here