Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Queensland Bottle Tree in Corpus Christi?

Posted by gigem10 9b (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 2, 12 at 18:03

Howdy, this is my first time posting on here and was looking to see if I could get some advice!
I am wanting to grow a Queensland Bottle Tree in Corpus (9b)possibly a zone 10a micro. Could anyone give me info on this?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Queensland Bottle Tree in Corpus Christi?

I'd give it a shot and cover the tree when young. South wall protection cannot be utilized because of their large mature size. The tree can be grown in Tucson, which is also zone 9b. Strangely, this species is not mentioned in the book Plants for Subtropical Texas, a Palm Society of South Texas publication.

Ty

Here is a link that might be useful: University of Arizona Campus Arboretum

o

What a beautifully exotic tree! It is sure worth a try. Are you starting it from seeds or can you get a little tree? Keep us posted on how it does in Corpus.

o

Thanks for the help!
Hey Roselee, I am going to get a little tree. There is a company in Australia that ships the trees. They can remain dormant for 3 months while they ship. I am new to this area and new to growing plants so I hope it works! I am alos trying to grow an acacia tree

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here