Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 19:06

You already know I am nutz about squirrels...here is one of the new houses

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Squirrel House2

here us another angle

o
RE: Squirrel House

This just made me laugh out loud! I too like the little characters! Not so much when they're tearing up my hammock or stealing my macrame plant hangers, but most of the time I find them quite entertaining.

Thanks for sharing, Cynthia! :-)

Pam

o

• Posted by ocgf Z8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 23:15

So cool!

Omar

o

So cute! Did you build it? You should build them and sell them online. I've been looking for something like this for years and they just aren't available in the trade that I can find. Do birds nest in that birdhouse so close to the squirrel house?

o

I like to watch the squirrels play too! Looks like it didn't take long for them to move in to their houses!

o

HI Debndal
My DH made our old ones. Saw them on squirrelhouse.com This time, we asked a friend and he built us 4...built 2 for one of his neighbors too. Would you like me to ask him if he is interested in making more?

These are bigger than those before. I think size went up to go along with a boad size. He added the adorable roof and a slide out bottom so I can clean one out if I really need to. The roof also just sits tightly on the top.

The squirrels are altering the front hole. Guess it isn't quite big enough for them. Probably preparing for pregnant size. I see them on them, but am not sure if any mama squirrel has claimed one.

They can definitely become time shares: Had a starling or two, Norway rats, a screech owl et al and Jr. opossum living in them at different times.

o

That is so cute!

o

cynthia - how high in the tree is it mounted? And most importantly, does it keep birds from nesting in the birdhouse? I think we won't be in our house for more than another year, so probably will not consider a squirrel house until we move. Getting old you know, and looking to downsize.

o

HI Debndal
No way to keep birds out. But typically squirrel trumps birds...except for screech owls.

The bottom of the house is about 6 ft high. All depends upon how high you can go.

o

OMG< the houses are adorable but I will NOT buy them a home. They are menace to my garden. LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here