Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pkponder2

PJ, please email me!

PKponder TX Z7B
12 years ago

I feel like we were highjacking that beautiful zinnia post ;-)

keene dot pam at gmail dot com

Comments (26)

• pjtexgirl
    12 years ago

Everyone on this site hijacks posts. I blame my computer illiteracy. I'll email you right now. Thanks :)

• pjtexgirl
    12 years ago

Did it work? Did I get this blasted machine to do my bidding?

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Success! I emailed you back!

• pjtexgirl
    12 years ago

whoo hoo

• carolann_z8
    12 years ago

So what are you two up to? It sounds like you hijacked a post.lol

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    12 years ago

a white hyacinth bean, wood fern trade....want in?

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I have some blue larkspur seed if you aren't interested in white hyacinth :-)

• pjtexgirl
    12 years ago

hijacked a post? ME??? NEVAR! LOL.
    BTW, do you want the wood fern in spring or now? I don't know if it will overwinter put in this late.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    12 years ago

spring works for me. I hope it's crazily invasive :-)

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

LOL, now I'll highjack.
    My wood fern usually doubles over a period of 3 years. Not invasive.

Kathy

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Mine spreads a little faster than that, Kathy, but I wouldn't be without it, and I have certainly always had something to share.......LOL>

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The whole reason for wanting an invasive fern is to fill in my front yard 'woodland' garden. It's closer to full shade than dappled and is a really big area. My ajuga and turk's cap are growing but almost every fern that I have tried to grow there has perished. I've tried Japanese painted ferm and a couple of shield ferns. Maybe the trees are sucking too much moisture from this garden. It was my big project for this past summer but we were in survival mode with the heat and drought and not much got accomplished.

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

Carrie, the fern you gave me did not survive. I love it and was thrilled to find some here.

About 5 years ago I dug mine from beside hwy 281. In rainy years I could see a tiny stream seeping out of the caliche hill. A lot of the fern is always there and gets baking west sun. It amazes me that it survives.

• carolann_z8
    12 years ago

I thought my wood fern had kicked the bucket with the drought but I found a lot of it coming back when it rained. I was soooo happy!!!

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Kathy, if you remember, mine came from a peat bog near where I grew up and it is so well adapted to Texas weather, it can take almost anything thrown at it except no water. It does require moisture to look good.

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

I had forgotten that. I typed stream, but it was one of those fissure springs that drizzle when there has been rain.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I got a fern from Stewart's Nursery in Weatherford that was listed as a Texas native, but I lost the tag. I looked at pictures and it seems to be a wavy cloak fern or something in that family. It has silvery foliage and is doing great. I just really envision lots of ferns in this garden since hosta really don't do much here.

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Pam, if you are willing to come over and dig, you are welcome to some from my garden.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Carrie,I will certainly take you up on that offer! We need to settle on a day and I'll arrange schedule myself off early. You're pretty close to 407 aren't you?

I work in Plano on Mon, Tues, Thurs and Friday and can come home through that area.

• carrie751
    12 years ago

I am only a mile off 407, Pam ............really easy to find..........just shoot me an email and we will work something out.

• pjtexgirl
    12 years ago

Take her up on her offer Pam! I'm told Carrie's garden is amazing :)

• carrie751
    12 years ago

By whom, PJ? LOL> But I thank whoever it was.

• carolann_z8
    12 years ago

Probably by me Carrie. You have a gorgeous yard!!

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Thank you, Carol Ann ..............it is very different from when you were here.

• carolann_z8
    12 years ago

I'm sure it's beautiful!

• pjtexgirl
    12 years ago

Well ya fessed up before I could say! Gardens look better as they age. Must be nice :).