Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pinkkpearls

White Rose Tree from Swap

pinkkpearls
9 years ago

The rose tree i got from the swap (i believe by way of Sunnysa) is doing amazing. it is totally covered in white roses, big white roses - it is beautiful! I am so thankful!

Comments (3)

• sunnysa
    9 years ago

Hi there, Pinkk!
    Great news! Thanks for the post on the rose tree. I was a bit worried when I pulled it out of the ground that I might have not left enough root on it. That's wonderful that it's blooming for you with the weather so cool lately. Where do you have it planted.... in a sunny spot? I've had it for several years and it has always produced blooms. It has a really pretty scent, too..... 'course you gotta stick your nose right in it to sniff it, lol.

I can tell that you've been very busy with the swap plants. Good for you! We've already wintered most of all our plants and to tell you the truth, I don't go into the shed much to check on things. I leave that job to DH. And then, immediately after swap, we lost our fur baby. It was a real downer for us and I have not posted much at all since then. I really enjoyed meeting you at the swap. I enjoy reading all your posts and how everything is progressing. Please keep the posts and your gardening updates coming. I hope your white rose tree continues to be successful for you.

• pinkkpearls
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear about your fur baby, oh no! I just got a Yorkie he is about 10 weeks and he got really sick yesterday, I took a him back to the breeder and am having him nurse him for a few days. I can only imagine how you feel as my Parker has stolen my heart in the 2 weeks I've had him. I hope you find some peace! :)

As far as the tree goes, yes great news! I was surprised that it was blooming and growing so profusely in this cool weather as well, most of my stuff is dying back, but not the rose tree. I have it planted in a sunny spot up against my foundation in the front of my house. When i planted it I put some finely crushed egg shells, earthworm castings, and about a pound of used coffee grounds in my amended soil with compost, clay, vermiculite, and peat moss. I was gonna move it, but it seemed to like it there so I left her there.

My last thing is pruning..do i need to prune anything in the Spring/Summer, or leave it as is?

• sunnysa
    9 years ago

Pinkk, so sorry about your Yorkie. I hope the breeder can help him. Our babies are real members of the family, aren't they? I hope he improves in time for his first Christmas. Please give him a hug for me. Poor baby!!

Wow, thanks for the photo. It looks just beautiful. I couldn't be happier for you. I'm not an expert on roses but there are lots of folks on here that are! Perhaps they can add to the pruning question. I would trim mine in the Spring after the first blooming session. Since it is in 'tree' form, I believe it would be nice to keep that shape.

Again, you are doing a really great job!!!

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider