Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT: Anyone from Lubbock?

Posted by eloise_ca 10b So. CA (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 30, 13 at 13:35

Also posted under the Conversations folder.

This is totally off topic, i.e., gardening, but in the past GW sites have helped.

My gd will be going to TX Tech for grad school in May. Which direction from TX Tech would be a safe environment to look for housing, N, E, S or W? This is her first time being away from home and we will miss her terribly. Thanks for any info.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT: Anyone from Lubbock?

I was hoping someone would be able to help this nice lady. Where is JD when we need him? Sure miss him as he would have been able to answer this for her.

o

Thanks for the support Carrie. Guess most people are getting ready to bring in the New Year. Happy New Year to you and yours!

o

Thanks, and the same to you, Eloise.

o

Hi Eloise,

I lived in Lubbock for the last 7 years and only slightly relocated (100mi away) this summer for a work opportunity. I also went to school at Tech.

I'd suggest your gd stay away from the east side of Lubbock. Anything east of Ave Q is a definite NO. Most places east of University Ave I would suggest she avoid, too, unless they are strictly student apartments. The large student apartments located directly east of the actual TTU campus are pretty safe. The neighborhoods a little further south of those apts are less safe. There is a thread on the City Data forum that is less than a year old that should be pretty helpful. There is a map on the 2nd page of that discussion which does a pretty great job showing which side of town is more desirable and safe.

I hope that helps. If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask. I loved living in Lubbock and would move back in a heartbeat.

Also, LubbockApartments.com is a good resource if looking to rent an apartment. Lots of information in one place. Best of luck to her!

Here is a link that might be useful: City Data Lubbock Discussion

o

Thanks so much for all the info including the link! My gd is in contact with the people who manage the Windsor Creek apartments. I understand these to be southwest from TTU.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here