Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Greensand near Hubbard, TX

Posted by babalubird 7B, 8A (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 7, 10 at 14:28

Hi. Questions about greensand. Is this a good choice for our farm, PH rating 6.8, black hard clay soil?

We have two acres we need to do if this is the right choice to loosen/enrich this hardpan. Does anyone know where you can order it near Hubbard, which is between Hillsboro, Mexia and Waco? We'd like to get it by the truckload if possible.

Thanks.

Connie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Greensand near Hubbard, TX

I have only bought it by the bag. I also would like to know where to buy it in bulk if it is available anywhere.

o
RE: Greensand near Hubbard, TX

There's an outcropping of Glauconite (Greensand) along Texas Hwy 1431 just north of Granite Shoals, west of Marble Falls. It's fairly crumbly and mixed with thin bands of decomposed granite. I scoop up a couple buckets full when I'm in the area.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here