Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My confederate jasmine has gotten crispy...any idea why??

Posted by i_love_my_cat DFW - 7b/8a (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 8, 10 at 16:26

I bought a good-sized (about 3 feet tall) confederate jasmine approx. 1 month ago. Unfortunately, I bought it before I was actually ready to plant it...I know. )-: So, after I finished building its trellis (about 2 weeks later), I planted it in the ground. While it was still in its nursery pot, it was outside and was watered.

Now, however, almost all of the leaves have gotten crispy, for lack of a better word, and they fall right off with the slightest touch. The leaves that are coming off are still green, but are clearly dried out. I have, of course, continued to water it after I put it in the ground, but the crispiness issue doesn't seem to be getting any better...and if fact, is getting worse.

Did I let it dry out too much before planting it, and now it's too late to revive it? Or did it maybe already get cold damaged? The roots looked healthy when I planted it, so I don't think it's anything related to that. And I've checked pretty closely for pests and haven't found any...

I'm wondering if I should prune it way back and see if it'll grow when spring gets here?

Thank you for any ideas!!

Lori

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My confederate jasmine has gotten crispy...any idea why??

I think it was damaged by the cold. I'd say cut it, provide a good winter protection and hope for the best.

Omar

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here