Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone familiar with Lynn's Legacy (Tx Sage)

Posted by xtal z8b Temple. TX (cifisher@vvm.com) on
Wed, Dec 12, 12 at 21:36

After reading up on this variety, I'm wondering if anyone has ever actually seen this variety of Tx Sage in bloom? Another name is "Everblooming" Tx Sage. So, I'm wondering just how everblooming it is.

Is it that impressive considering the other varieties of Texas Sage (Ceniza)? I'm just wondering how aggressive I need to be to about locating and planting it.

Thanks for whatever feedback you can offer.
Xtal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone familiar with Lynn's Legacy (Tx Sage)

I haven't grown it myself, but I saw it growing at the San Antonio location of Antique Rose Emporium (which is no more). It was so unusual in the way it bloomed all along the branches in large clusters of flowers that from a distance I didn't recognize it as a Ceniza. Of course I don't know often it puts on that show, but if I were buying a Ceniza that's the one I'd look for. I hope someone who has grown it will answer the frequent blooming question. I'll be checking out the S. A. nurseries this spring to see who carries it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lynn's Legacy Texas Super Star ...

o

Roselee,
Does this look like what you've seen? I'm hoping to hear more about this plant from others who might be growing it. It's apparently one that is hard to locate.

Xtal

o

Xtal, I'm not sure. What I noticed was the clusters of flowers all along the branches. If you Google images of Lynn's Legacy you'll see what I mean.

Here is a link that might be useful: I hope the picture intended comes up ...

o

Christina's in Frisco will have these in stock in mid March............3 gallon containers for about $25. Haven't looked elsewhere as this is pretty close to me.

o

These are also carried at Medina Garden Nursery in Medina which is between Bandera and San Antonio. Not exactly convenient but worth it if you love native plants.

o

While I don't normally care for the look of Texas Sages, I like this one AND it has my name! If I ever run across one, I'll definitely find a place for it. Thanks for the education.

o

I go to Medina Garden Nursery one or two times a year. The owner that is usually there is a true native plant lover! I'll have to look for that one!

o

I saw these at my local Lowe's this past Spring. They are also on my wish list. I don't think many people know about this, not planted frequently in the Joshua/Burleson/Ft Wt area. Ask Lowe's or a smaller plant nursery if they will carry it this Spring for you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here