Wed, Dec 4, 13 at 21:46

Just in time for the Christmas season again

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daffodils

Ah, so sweet!

o

Nice and pretty but somehow weird. My neighbor's irises are blooming too. I wonder if they will survive the upcoming cold front and if they will bloom again in spring.

Omar

o

Beautiful, Wally! Thank you for the picture. Do you know what kind of daffodils they are? They look very desirable for north Texas. :)

o

ocgf No they only bloom in the fall thru our winter mouths here. We did not have a freeze last year so I do not know how hardy they would be if we do get a freeze but our 35 degree weather last year did not touch them. I did have another variety that bloom in the early spring but they do not do as well.

merrybookwym They were called paper whites on the package. As I said that I got the bulbs from WallMart and they were medium size bulbs but now are about 3 inches across and they multiplied like crazy. They have been so easy to grow where nothing much seems to do well.

This post was edited by wally-1936 on Sat, Dec 7, 13 at 23:08

o

Oddly the leaves came up a couple of weeks ago on mine, but no flowers. I didn't know what they were until I looked at your picture. I hope I get flowers, but with this freeze, there's no telling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here