o
High Country Gardens is Gone :-(

Posted by lucas_tx 7/8 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 3, 12 at 23:27

Closed up shop. Wish they had offered a big sale before they did :-(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: High Country Gardens is Gone :-(

Awww, I hate to hear that. I have purchased from them over the years, but I have to say, alot of what I bought didn't necessarily do well in my garden. Most of their plants were for high elevations, where it might be dry, but not nearly so hot as here. I think my clayey soil was an issue too.

o

Just found this out on the SW Forum. Debndal, you're probably right about the heat issue with some of perennials, but it can get plenty hot in some parts of NM too! Clay soil is also predominant here in Santa Fe, so there might have been some other factors at play.

Lucas, I'm still hopeful that there will be a sale at their store locations here in NM. Sorry about the loss of the mail-order side of things, which was probably the best part of this company (the stores were always overpriced outside of sale times).

o

That is really too bad. I loved the plants I got from them (although I only bought on sale ... )

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here