Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: wanted: rotterdam exchange: food

Posted by shimla 5 Upstate, NY (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 14, 05 at 5:34

Hi everyone!

Here is our thread for the potluck lunch! Please use this post to sign up a dish you will be bringing. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: wanted: rotterdam exchange: food

Either:
  • a Taboule salad (bulgur wheat, Babanna's mint, lemon, garlic, olive oil)
  • a fruit salad (with seasonal fruits: probably strawberries --hopefully home-grown, & apples)
  • paper plates.. cups, whatever will be lacking
    I only need to know a few days before. Hope you're impressed with me, Shimla, for offering my culinary talents... LOL!
    Anne-Marie

•  o

• Posted by shimla 5 Upstate, NY (My Page) on
      Mon, Feb 14, 05 at 12:59

Wow - Anne-Marie! You're even the first one to sign up!!! Had your computer been functioning earlier, you could have joined me in my plight for brown bagging it again this year!

I had better stick to something safe and easy. I will be bringing macaroni salad. I can also help out with the drinks and such if we need them.

o

Ok I am also checking in will bring desert something easy to hold and also will bring 2 large bag of chips. If you need anything else just say the word. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

o

I can bring drinks and ice. What does everyone want? Soda, flavored water ?? LMK what you think.

-Channon

o

I'll bring a large coldcuts tray for sandwiches and rolls as well plus comdiments for them.
    Cheri

o

I'll do a veggie platter and dip!!! Or is that too healthy???

~Deb

o

Fairydancer, not too healthy.. PERFECT.. to the vegetarian I am!! LOL! Anne-Marie

o

Excellent. I'll make sure the dip is vegetarian too (good thing I don't know how to make clam dip!)

~Deb

o

Hi Everyone
    I'm going to be BAD and bring my Decadent Triple Layer Chocolate Pie and other munchies.

o

Ohhhhh, I like bad too!

~a chocoholic

o

• Posted by Kareen z5 NY Renss.Co. (My Page) on
      Fri, Feb 18, 05 at 7:33

I'll do a potato salad.
    One can never have too much tabouli Anne Marie!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our pond and gardens

o

Yes, fairydancer, since lnmp and I are also vegetarians (Anne-Marie: didn't know you were one also!), it's nice to know there will definitely be some things we can eat! (At potlucks, for those things that we can't tell if there is any meat in it, we naturally skip it, just in case.) So, thanks again!!

I don't do much cooking, but I'll try to come up with something easy (that will hopefully taste good!!) and I'll update this post once I know what that will be, okay?

Gee, are we eager or what? The plant exchange isn't for another 4 months, but we're already deciding what foods we'll be bringing!!! ha, ha. I guess I'm not the only one who enjoys food. LOL!!!

adkmountaingirl :)

o

Scratch the chili - the logistics are too complicated ;-(

I'll bring a pasta salad which is also tasty and healthy; Much easier to handle. Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Carol

o

Hi, I am new to your message board. I am also vegetarian, but I do eat eggs from my own chickens which live better than we do, according to my husband. I will bring deviled eggs, seltzer to drink, and paper goods. I'm really looking forward to this!

Christy

o

Looking forward to the exchange and I plan on bringing deviled eggs and a dessert. Darlene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from New York are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
    • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
    • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
    • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
    • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
    • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
    • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here