Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shimla81

wanted: wanted: rotterdam exchange: food

shimla
19 years ago

Hi everyone!

Here is our thread for the potluck lunch! Please use this post to sign up a dish you will be bringing. Thank you!

Comments (15)

• Anne_Marie_Alb
    19 years ago

Either: a Taboule salad (bulgur wheat, Babanna's mint, lemon, garlic, olive oil)
    a fruit salad (with seasonal fruits: probably strawberries --hopefully home-grown, & apples)
    paper plates.. cups, whatever will be lacking
    I only need to know a few days before. Hope you're impressed with me, Shimla, for offering my culinary talents... LOL!
    Anne-Marie

• shimla
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Wow - Anne-Marie! You're even the first one to sign up!!! Had your computer been functioning earlier, you could have joined me in my plight for brown bagging it again this year!

I had better stick to something safe and easy. I will be bringing macaroni salad. I can also help out with the drinks and such if we need them.

• toplady5490
    19 years ago

Ok I am also checking in will bring desert something easy to hold and also will bring 2 large bag of chips. If you need anything else just say the word. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

• starmoon
    19 years ago

I can bring drinks and ice. What does everyone want? Soda, flavored water ?? LMK what you think.

-Channon

• cherisgarden
    19 years ago

I'll bring a large coldcuts tray for sandwiches and rolls as well plus comdiments for them.
    Cheri

• fairydancer
    19 years ago

I'll do a veggie platter and dip!!! Or is that too healthy???

~Deb

• Anne_Marie_Alb
    19 years ago

Fairydancer, not too healthy.. PERFECT.. to the vegetarian I am!! LOL! Anne-Marie

• fairydancer
    19 years ago

Excellent. I'll make sure the dip is vegetarian too (good thing I don't know how to make clam dip!)

~Deb

• Flowerchild
    19 years ago

Hi Everyone
    I'm going to be BAD and bring my Decadent Triple Layer Chocolate Pie and other munchies.

• fairydancer
    19 years ago

Ohhhhh, I like bad too!

~a chocoholic

• kareen
    19 years ago

I'll do a potato salad.
    One can never have too much tabouli Anne Marie!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our pond and gardens

• adkmountaingirl
    19 years ago

Yes, fairydancer, since lnmp and I are also vegetarians (Anne-Marie: didn't know you were one also!), it's nice to know there will definitely be some things we can eat! (At potlucks, for those things that we can't tell if there is any meat in it, we naturally skip it, just in case.) So, thanks again!!

I don't do much cooking, but I'll try to come up with something easy (that will hopefully taste good!!) and I'll update this post once I know what that will be, okay?

Gee, are we eager or what? The plant exchange isn't for another 4 months, but we're already deciding what foods we'll be bringing!!! ha, ha. I guess I'm not the only one who enjoys food. LOL!!!

adkmountaingirl :)

• Wantoretire
    19 years ago

Scratch the chili - the logistics are too complicated ;-(

I'll bring a pasta salad which is also tasty and healthy; Much easier to handle. Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Carol

• offtrackbetty
    19 years ago

Hi, I am new to your message board. I am also vegetarian, but I do eat eggs from my own chickens which live better than we do, according to my husband. I will bring deviled eggs, seltzer to drink, and paper goods. I'm really looking forward to this!

Christy

• Ladybug18
    18 years ago

Looking forward to the exchange and I plan on bringing deviled eggs and a dessert. Darlene

Sponsored