Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirl34_gw

HAVE: Plant Swap Cayuga County Fairgrounds July 10, 2010 9-?

flowergirl34
13 years ago

Hi! I copy and pasted the flier below if anyone's interested. It should be fun and I am working on a few greenhouses for donations for a couple of raffles.

Any? please email me.

Thanks so much and hope to see some GW's there.

I know you guys know how a swap works, but I am amazed that ALOT of people have no idea?? :0)

Thanks! vina

1st Annual Cayuga County Fair Plant Swap

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Swap Opens at 12:30 (sharp)

How this works: Swap your garden "extras" for someone elseÂs garden "extras". POOF!! You both have new plants for your landscaping and it didnÂt cost you any $$ (and what gardener doesnÂt like to save $$)

As always: RULES:

1. All plants must be potted in individual containers. No bare root daisies, please.

2. Please bring only plants that you yourself would wish to receive. Nothing close to death, please.

3. All plants MUST be labeled. Name of plant (Ex: Iris: Candy Apple Classic). If you donÂt know the actual name, thatÂs okay tooÂplease put all you do know about the plant on the card. (Ex: Daylily: pink). Also, best planting instructions for plant (Ex: Sun/Shade). And anything else you think the new owner of your plant should know. All cards must be attached to each container. So if you have 5 Lambs Ear all 5 should be labeled the same way.

4. For each plant you bring in during REGISTRATION you will receive 1 PLANT BUCK. When swapping begins 1 PLANT BUCK IS GOOD FOR 1 NEW PLANT.

5. Please show up between the registration times (9 Â 12). This gives you a chance to unload your plants in the designated areas. Also for other gardeners to see what you have brought too. And likewise. Areas include: Water Plants, Shrubs/Bushes, Fruit, Vines, Grasses, Houseplants, Herbs, Bulbs/Tubers/Corms, Daylilies, Hostas, IrisÂ, Coneflowers, Perennials(other), Annuals and Trees.

6. Registration will close at 12:00. That is when all swappers will be asked to leave the enclosed swapping area for the volunteers to prepare.

7. At 12:30 the swap will begin. Everyone will have the same chance to enter swap area at the same time to pick their favorites.

8. On the way out ÂCASH OUT. 1 PLANT BUCK FOR 1 PLANT.

9. Take your new treasure homeÂ.HAPPY GARDENING!

****Plants are not for sale**** We only swap. Plant = Plant.

If you should have any questions, please contact Vina Cuddeback @ 406.7205. or email me at bill_cudd@hotmail.com

Pre-registration (not required, but helpful) or you can pre-register online at

www.cayugacountyfair.org

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: __________________________________________________________

Phone: _________________________________

Number of Plants: ________________________________________________

(this doesnÂt have to be the actual number, just a ballpark figure would be okay.)

Please tear off bottom and mail to: CCF Plant Swap c/o Vina Cuddeback, 9226 Oakland Rd., Weedsport, NY 13166

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA