Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Corfu Garden Club Exchange

Posted by Hooti z5 NY (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 23, 05 at 22:43

The Corfu Garden Club is hosting a plant exchange on June 11th in the Intermediate School parking lot (right in the middle of town). Information on time, directions etc. will be posted at a later time. It will be psoted in the pennysaver and flyers and neighboring garden clubs will be sent invitations also, so we are hoping for a good turnout. For you garden junkies, it may be worth checking out in addition to (not instead of, of course) the Garden Web exchange at Tara's (you don't want to miss that, and either do I!).

Corfu is between Batavia and Buffalo (2/3 from Buffalo, 1/3 from Batavia) on the intersection of Rt 33 and 77. Corfu is a village in the township of Pembroke, so the thruway exit is 48A, Pembroke Exit) which is on Rt 77 (then you go south two miles to Corfu).

This is our first time having a public exchange instead of our member only annual exchange so be prepared for some stumbling in the dark.

I want to stress that the reason for the exchange is that after years of exchanges in the club we already have all of each others plants *grin*. It is an effort of the club, not an internet based exchange. It's only connection to garden web is that I am a member of both and am inviting you. This is in no way an "instead of" or competion with the garden web exchange, and if you can only go to one then the exchange at Tara's is the natural choice.

PAX
Laurette

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Corfu Garden Club Exchange

• Posted by Kareen z5 NY Renss.Co. (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 12, 05 at 9:35

How did your plant exchange go?Great I hope.
We in the capital district region had a great one yesterday despite the heat, and looking forward to next years.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our pond and gardens

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from New York are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here