Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fairydancer_gw

WANTED: Directions to the Rotterdam Plant Swap

fairydancer
18 years ago

I had a thread.....but it seems to have disappeared! I don't know why, and I hope it is OK that I repost them. It is coming up and I want to make sure everyone can find it!! Email me if you have any problems

From the West:

Take Exit 25 for Schenectady and #890 west. After you

go thru the tollbooth of exit 25, take first exit off

of #890, exit #9 for Curry Road. Bear right as you

exit which puts you onto Curry Road. Directions from

Curry Road are below.

From the East:

Take the MASS turnpike West to Exit B1, #90 Albany

West. Take #90 over Hudson River and through Albany.

Follow signs for Thruway -#90 West towards Buffalo.

Take exit #25 (#890 Schenectady) off of thruway. Take

first exit off of #890, exit #9 for Curry Road. Bear

right as you exit which puts you onto Curry Road.

Directions from Curry Road are below.

From the South:

Go West on NYS Thruway to Exit 25. After you go thru

the toll booth of exit 25, take first exit off of

#890, exit #9 for Curry Road. Bear right as you exit

which puts you onto Curry Road. Directions from Curry

Road are below.

From the North:

Take the Northway (#87) South, take exit 1W for the

NYS Thruway-#90 West towards Buffalo. Take exit #25

for #890 West and Schenectady. After you go thru the

toll booth of exit 25, take first exit off of #890,

exit #9 for Curry Road. Bear right as you exit which

puts you onto Curry Road. Directions from Curry Road

are below.

All Points continue here from Curry Road:

Follow Curry Road 1.9 miles until you hit your 4th

stoplight. (Mobil is at first light, Cumberland Farms

is at second light, Adams Heating is at third light).

There will be a huge "South China" sign right before

the fourth stop light to use as a landmark. At the

light, take a right onto Altamont Avenue. (There is a

hospital arrow pointing the way). Follow Altamont

Ave. 4-tenths of a mile. Take a right onto Rensselaer

Avenue (at the Wendy's Restaurant). Rensselaer Ave.

is a dead end. The park is at the end on the left

side.

There should be enough parking for everyone right

here. If you need more space, simply loop around on

the side street, (Rabbatoy Street), and circle around

to Fiero Ave. The park is between Rensselaer and

Fiero and there is an entrance into the park from both

roads.

Comments (9)

• kareen
    18 years ago

Thanks Deb, we are on our way.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our pond and gardens

• toplady5490
    18 years ago

Thankyou Deb for a job well done. We have the greatest group of gardners anywhere around. The food wa great and the desserts were sinful. The only thing that did not turn out too well was the temperatures. It was beastly hot. Looking forward to seeing you all next year. Happy Gardening.

• LNMP
    18 years ago

Yes, thanks to Deb and everyone else who came to the plant swap today! Despite the heat, it was a lot of fun.

• starmoon
    18 years ago

Hi all,

You guys are awesome! I think the swap was a wonderful success. I again want to thank you all so much for everything. The food and plants were both topnotch, plus it was so nice to meet you all. My sister had a great time and will have a big headstart on her new garden because of your generousity. Now if only the weather will cooperate a little so we can transplant our stuff! Take care and have a great growing season,

Channon
    starmoon *)

• wantoretire_did
    18 years ago

Deb - I couldn't find you when we were leaving to say thank you for a great job today, and to everyone else who contributed to another successful swap. We would have stayed longer, but the heat was just too overwhelming :-(

It was great to see you all from last year again and to meet new garden friends.

Now the real work begins......

Thanks again, Carol

• kareen
    18 years ago

We had a great time at the swap, thank you Deb , Dawn Marie and Anne Marie and everyone else who took part and whose plants I have. Kareen

Here is a link that might be useful: Our pond and gardens

• fairydancer
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh Ladies what I hoot! So much fun.....and the loot I got to bring home is just phenomenal. Thank you so much for coming and bringing such wonderful stuff......I'm pretty sure I've got something from each and every one of you all!

I'm glad I could do the postings and keep the swap going this year, and I definitely want to be involved again next year......I'm already planning on things I will be able to bring and share....isn't that funny??

You were all so nice to my boys too, and they surprisingly held up really well even in the extruciating heat, and I thank you for that as well. Next year we'll take two cars....the kids can leave with dad when they've had enough and I can have more room in the truck for plants!!!

I couldn't stay to the very end because the kids were at their breaking point, but I hope that each and every plant found a home.

Happy planting!

~Deb

• adkmountaingirl
    18 years ago

I also have to add my thanks to Deb and everyone else for making this year's swap a great success.

Since I arrived a bit late, I didn't have a chance to meet all of you, but I enjoyed those of you I did talk with, and hope to "re-meet" you all at next year's exchange! Hopefully the weather will cooperate next June and will not be so amazingly hot and muggy, but instead will be a beautiful, mild, sunny but not hot day, right???

Thanks to all of you whose plants will soon have a new home in my gardens (as soon as the heat and humidity leave us, that is!). You're an awesome group of people, and I'm glad to be a part of the GW plant lovers community!!

adkmountaingirl
    Wilton, NY

• shimla
    18 years ago

Thanks again, Deb! Nice job!!!

Thanks to everyone else for the wonderful plants also. I had planned on planting out Sunday but it was just as hot as Saturday and I couldn't tolerate it anymore. I was able to get my Japanese 'floppy' into the ground, Kareen! Such a neat plant!!! I think it's going to be very happy with all of this rain. At least the rain has cooled things off a bit.

It was also very nice to meet the new girls and your families!

Offtrackbetty - I've already gotten a bag of that corn gluten for my weeds! Thanks for the tip and all the wonderful plants. I think half your garden is at my house now LOL!

Flowerchild - my order for the "Bug Off Spritzer" has already been delivered! It's an all-natural bug repellent made from rosemary, eucalptus, geranium, citronella, witch hazel, and vitamin E. If anyone wants the website it's: www.sunfeather.com. It smells good and should help keep the skeeters at bay.

I really appreciate those that took some extras because my car was really loaded going home!!! I had to stack things on top of each other! Anne Marie and Ladybug hung in there to the very end in that heat to help me pack back up. My leftovers are going out on Freecycle so there will be another happy gardener in our area!